Look out for GoaT in 2015, according to Rock Paper Shotgun

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

:D

Well done Seith!

Ghost of a Tale was featured by Rock Paper Shotgun in an article on the best pc games of 2015... or, as they call them: "PC Games Of 2015: Those Wot Could Conceivably Be Good"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01 ... of-2015/2/
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Hey, thanks for posting! I was actively browsing through the entries but couldn't find it. Small wonder as I was looking at the wrong categories :P

So, now I know at least that GoaT is NOT an adventure game and NOT an exploration game but an action game :mrgreen: (seeing that Tangiers made it into action games as well I think I have to recalibrate my genre-sensors). Who else things the notion "It looks a bit like Styx: Master of Shadows, except with a mouse instead of a goblin." sounds completely off? I haven't played Styx but from what I gathered about the game I'm having a hard time finding any similarities between the two...

Also great to hear that the game will be released in 2015 ;)
david

Yeah, they covered a lot of ground in that entire article! Actually, it is kind of cool to have a comprehensive list of forthcoming titles in 2015... and of course to see GoaT fairly prominently mentioned among 'em.

If there was a category for 'stealth / action / adventure / exploration / puzzle / maybe with light rpg elements' GoaT would have fit neatly in there, but it is nice to see it featured in the 'action' category ;)

I hadn't played Styx either, so I took a look at a few video reviews to see if the comparison was apt...

Well, GoaT and Styx (even at a stretch Splinter Cell and possibly Metal Gear Solid*) are 3rd person stealth action games with a relatively underpowered hero, so I guess there are certain similarities. Tilo is probably the cutest main character, though also the least equipped to fight his way out of trouble ;)

In its own right, Styx looks like fun and the level design looks genuinely appealing. If they managed to fix the control issues in an update -Styx got hammered for unusable controls in at least one review- I think it would be a full price buy for me. One of the things I really like about GoaT are platformer-quality controls ;)

However, I'm sure the devs of Styx over at Cyanide Studios will forgive me but I'm still hoping that GoaT will be a better game :D

*I haven't played MGS yet, but this may be another full price buy for me
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Yeah "It looks a bit like Styx: Master of Shadows, except with a mouse instead of a goblin" isn't exactly the description blurb I would go for, personally.

Somehow it doesn't quite seem to capture the nuance... ;)
Fonzman

Especially because Styx is an assassin, and Tilo is a musician!
NO similarities I could find here ..

But well, as most people look at the graphics only, it MAY seem familiar ..