Game launches that I'm really looking forward to

Here you can chat about anything you like.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

...in addition to (of course) GoaT launching in 2015, here are a couple of titles that I'm looking forward to... feel free to add the games that you are eagerly anticipating...

GTA 5
I've been a GTA fan since Vice City, so I'm looking forward to this vast mixture of exploration, rampaging and open-ended problem solving.

Rainbow Six Siege
Way, way back, I enjoyed playing the SWAT 4 demo -which combined an fps with squad tactics. I think the forthcoming Rainbow Six, will bring real team-play and destructible environments into the mix... looks like a lot of clever and frantic fun :mrgreen:

Others
The following ones are kind of in early-release/beta stages, but I'm also tempted by the combination of Oculus Rift with space shooters... Elite: Dangerous, Eve: Valkyrie and Star Citizen. As a kid, I had some fun with the original Elite on the humble ZX Spectrum home computer and as a student it was Wing Commander on the mighty Amiga system: a decent VR setup is exactly what this genre needs to be really, really fun to play.

...as a pacifist and indie supporter, I'm embarrassed to admit that all my choices are shooters and that no compelling indie game comes to mind right now (partly because they rarely have the time/budget for prelaunch promotion)
Alberto

I'm waiting for GOAT and Dungeon Kingdom.
It's been a while since an AAA title caught my attention.
Maybe I'm going to take a look at Doom 4, however I don't expect it to be anything less than terribly disappointing.
By the way: I'm a peaceful man, however I don't see anything wrong in playing shooters...
I'm 115% pro-gun, however.
david

Alberto wrote:Maybe I'm going to take a look at Doom 4
Yep, it'll be really interesting to see what direction they take the franchise...
Alberto wrote:I'm 115% pro-gun, however.
I'm really conflicted about gun control and pacifism. On one hand, I travel a lot in Asia (Hong Kong, Thailand, China and Cambodia) and get threatened frequently (usually guys in groups muttering "go!" as I walk past, with an occasional stealthy request for 'money'' or a threat of death or violence). So a weapon would be really handy, just for peace of mind.

Invariably, I've found that the threats have no substance, they seem to come from inadequate guys who maybe feel a bit threatened, trying to spread FUD from the safety of a crowd. It was a pleasure to visit Germany for Gamescom, where the guys are usually so genial.

On the other hand, if the whole world was armed, I think it would become a very dangerous place... especially the disadvantaged countries, where people don't have the same opportunities for a comfortable life, for education, and for ethical development.
Alberto

"Common" robbers aren't the biggest threat - governments are...
david

Alberto wrote:"Common" robbers aren't the biggest threat - governments are...
Yeah, I understand how your recent experiences in Italy have been traumatic.

With regard to governments, I have been really lucky so far... though I've experienced some 'unusual' administrations in China, Cambodia and now in Thailand (recently had a military coup and the future is a bit uncertain). Generally, they don't really bother foreign visitors (though they might not treat all their own citizens well) apart from maybe spying on visitors to figure out what they are up to. It's certainly never dull here in Asia :mrgreen:
Vallug

I'm praying for Mirror's Edge 2 to be amazing.
The first one was so funky, I just had to try some of the stunts myself. It's not as easy as it looks, but it hurts way more.
Also the Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper films in production.
If I'm not mistaken, these are these are the first video game films in years?
david

Yeah, Ratchet and Clank should be fun! I also can't think of a recent videogame franchise coming to the big screen either.

I'm looking out for Mirrors Edge 2 with interest... real-world parkour does look awesome but, as you say, getting the moves wrong can be painful and maybe risky too :mrgreen:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Most of what I am anticipating is actually kickstarter/indie based games. In the AAA market, the only thing I guess I am half curious about is Dragon age : inquisition, but I'm still a bit gun shy to go all in on that one.

Sadly I don't know if a lot of what I'm hoping to see released in 2015 WILL release in 2015 because indie dev's are not usually able to hit their mark. Still here is a list of what I'm psyched for based on what I've seen in dev blogs:

Ghost of a Tale (cause, well, DUH!!)
Bloom: Memories
Stasis
Road Redemption
Asylum
Mage's Initiation
A Hat in Time
Catlateral Damage
SuperHot

There are others, but I don't expect them to hit their mark til maybe late 2015 or sometime there after.

Happily, that is a pretty eclectic run of games so I don't feel ashamed for a love of all things violent, though some of those games have wanton violence in them. lol. Don't be ashamed, David, it's ok to be a total bloodlusting psychopath in games. If you can't release frustrations there, where can you? :) (legally that is). Also you may want to check out an indie game called Doorkickers that is sort of like the old tactical splinter cell/spec ops games except it's overhead view and it is a lot about well crafted strategy to get through the different scenarios without losing men (perma death prevails). I figure you love the 'run and gun' and stealth so it may not be so much yer thing, but for a more tactical "planning" thing you might get a kick out of it.. ok..pun intended..

I'd say the next big title I am itching for (and have a long way to wait) is going to be Persona 5, most likely on ps3 cause I lack a ps4. Though if they actually made another Rune Factory or Valkyria Chronicles or fallout or wasteland i'd be psyched :) At least VC is coming to pc, i'ma grab that!
david

@EvilKing... with your interest in indie/exotic/unusual/crowfunded games, I knew that you'd have some interesting thoughts to add to this thread. A Hat and Time and Catlateral Damage could be fun, I love games with humour! SuperHot could also be really nice if they get the playfeel right, the time-stopping mechanic seems slick and the Mirrors Edge approach they took with the stylish visuals definitely fits.

Since I saw the early access on Humble Bundle last month, I've been watching Road Redemption ... here's another title that could be terrific if they can take it beyond button mashing. RPS and Steam users have given the early access version really high ratings, so this is encouraging.

Its interesting that you mention Doorkickers, which I looked at a couple of times over the last few months, and before that by its spiritual cousin Frozen Synapse. Exactly as you say though, I've held off because I found that I'm more into directly running 'n gunning and combining it with tactical elements (i.e. SWAT and Rainbow Six). I tend to be less into games that are -at their heart- tactical in nature.
david

hey EvilKing... Valkyria Chronicles is available on preorder for the next five days on Humble Bundle for USD 17.99.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

david wrote:hey EvilKing... Valkyria Chronicles is available on preorder for the next five days on Humble Bundle for USD 17.99.
Thanks Mate. I already pre-ordered it while it was discounted on steam so I'm set and waiting for the official release. :) Same price though so no love lost. hehehe.

Superhot has been in heavy development since the kickstarter and they're busting their asses to make sure the control and gameplay is tight as hell, but there is a lot more to the game past the initial alpha and footage. I am psyched to see where it ends up in the release.

Catlateral damage is.. just silliness. Like katamari but with less of a point, if that is possible. :) since you could support it and get a digital copy for fairly cheap early, i snagged in on it, the fact it seems to be developed by a lot of true cat owners/lovers means it's going to have that special something.

Road Redemption is in it's alpha/beta on steam and I got to try it and watch my friend test it on his system for a while. VERY fun, even at this level. it is tricky and I died more than I'll want to admit but when you managed to pull off something amazing it feels so satisfying (like getting kicked off the road, using your boost to jet pack up and back over the road and gunning down the gun from the air as you fall... oh yeah.

and sticky bombs.. hell yes to blocks of c4 and their familiar beeping death!

A Hat in Time is one I am getting the physical copy of because they're trying so hard to emulate an old school collect-a-thon platformer from the N64 days they're packaging it in a pseudo N64 type box. :) I am really hoping the final game is fun. and it does couch co op. YAY.

I have signed up a couple months ago for Indiebox. The first one I got was Luftrauser, which had some fun little goodies and the game. I hadn't set the game up yet, but I guess it is the ps+ freebie on psn for ps3 so my friend grabbed it and I got to see it in action. pretty nifty arcade like shmup with some fun music. is hard, for sure, but I imagine with practice on the stick it could get really fun and exciting. I don't even mind the minimalistic approach. though on ps3 it had some issues (audio bugs).
david

@EvilKing... definitely lots of food for thought. I did look at Luftrausers as a prospect a while back because I've read really interesting things about Vlambeer, the studio, and their Radical Fishing was entertaining. Overall though, I've tended to steer away from pixelated and naïve-art indie titles unless the concept blows my mind (Enviro-Bear 2000) or the gameplay is terrific (which Luftrausers might be) :D

The daft humor of Catlateral Damage appeals to me (which is also why I bought Goat Simulator). As a cat lover (there were two terrific cats at my last home)... there are quite a few fun things to do with a typical cat's activities like knocking things down, eating things, chasing things, barfing, acrobatic leaping, tripping people, etc. (though I'm not sure how one would make a game mechanic from their absolute favourite activity... sleeping). It looks like it will be a combination of hand-made levels, with procedurally-generated levels which I think offers the best of both worlds. A solidly playable campaign, and the longevity of infinite number of new levels.
Alianin

I'm not as up on new games as I used to be, mostly because I have quite a backlog to work through. These are the few that I am aware of and looking forward to.

Ghost of a Tale (is it 2015 yet?)
Shroud of the Avatar - Kickstarter game based on the old Ultima games and Ultima Online.
New Mass Effect - I loved the series and I'm excited over the new art that was just released.
Batman Arkham Knight - The gameplay for the series has been very enjoyable.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

I just caught word of this and it looks really kool. Coming to Xbox One and PC and I figure the style and approach might appeal to you GOAT fans.

Ori and the Blind Forest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDt-5mL ... e=youtu.be
david

... and here's a review of Ori and the Blind Forest... 'recommended' :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... net-weekly

alexzorg

this game was nice piece of art
stunning visuals
Coles

Building customer trust is as important as building a girl's heart: over and over and over and over. Whether your company is known or not, a new product or a familiar one - there are never too many positive reviews. Therefore, like everyone else, I order such positive reviews from https://accfarm.com/buy-positive-review ... le-reviews . This is how I increased my rating for sales.
evan876

I want to know more about this game lunch, buy linkedin accounts