So um.. where is everyone?

Here you can chat about anything you like.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 am

This is a dual-definition question.

For those who have registered and come to the forums, where are you from (geographically)?

And for the thousands who backed the project and haven't come to the forums.. where are you?! :lol:

I am from New York, USA.

Pulsar
Original backer
Original backer

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

England!
Myrkin
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 am

I am from Brzeg, Poland.
Gab_dC
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:18 am

Melbourne, Australia.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:19 am

I'm from Ireland, but living in Hong Kong at the moment. Luckily, I've had the chance to travel quite a bit and live in some unusual and interesting (and, very occasionally, dangerous) places, like London (UK), Los Angeles (USA), Cape Town (South Africa), Shenzhen (China), Ontario (Canada) and Brasov (Romania).

:D

Ireland

Hong Kong

@ EvilKing... kudos! I'd really like to live in New York for a year or two. Perhaps its not the biggest, but in a weird way, I always kind think of it as the world's capital city.
@ Pulsar... awesome, where in the UK? I lived in London and Exeter for a few years.
@ Myrkin... that's so cool, I would actually really like to visit Poland, I just passed through it on a train once, but at that time I didn't have the budget to stopover.
@ GabDC... a good friend of mine from college, worked there and from him I hear good things about living in Australia. He told me to go live there, said it would suit me (sunshine & beaches) :lol:
Myrkin
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:25 am

Heh... At least you saw some of it through a window of your train, David. :)
david

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:33 am

sadly, I didn't see much... coincidentally, I passed through Poland by train mostly at night, or while sleeping, as part of a long journey between Romania and London one winter.

but I love travelling, so if I ever get time... :D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 am

@David-

Ha world traveler indeed. Thats so kool. Do you travel due to work, family, or wanderlust?

I had a friend in Romania so I've heard all kinds of interesting details about that country. Managed to even get a recipe for their sour soup stock. :)

I live in New york, but not NYC. Most folk assume new york is the city, but I am in upstate by new york's capital (albany) so really I rarely see the city. And for those wondering, i don't say fuggedaboutdit or sound like i'm from brooklyn or a soprano..lol.

I have been out of the country, but only once overseas. Did a field trip when I was young so I got to fly to Belgium, drive to France and spend 2 weeks there just south of Paris in champagne country. We also did trips to Luxembourg and a small stint in germany (i think). Also been to Canada briefly.

It's actually pretty kool to see folk from so many places!
david

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 am

@EvilKing... That's really interesting! As for me, since leaving London, these last 8 years I've tried to travel to combine work with visiting interesting new places: so I actively seek opportunities in new countries. In fact, I'm planning to leave Hong Kong soon, so I'm researching online where to go next. Of course, for this kind of lifestyle approach, it helps to be single and adaptable. And you are right, it is great to see people from so many places :D
Raggon

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm from Pennsylvania, USA.