The greatest games of all time & what are you playing now?

Here you can chat about anything you like.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

@EvilKing... yeah, Never Alone is looking really special. I love what they have done with the Eskimo art style and using traditional stories. The developers seem to be putting together a really wonderful experience, on several levels.

It's awesome that you have a native American background. As you know, this would also be a very rich culture to explore in a game, many games in fact :mrgreen:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

CUrrently I am all over the place playing a few different games. :)

Guild Wars 2 because I am friends with a dev on their team and aside from the initial purchase price, it's one of the few MMORPG's with no monthly fee's and yet has a crap TON of land to explore and things to do.. craziness...

Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP: I recently grabbed a sony psp 3001 and a handful of games for it including this sequal to a game i played the hell out of on ps3 and pc. :) the psp version is definitely a toned down, bite sized version of the other game, but it is not without its charm. I hooked my psp to my tv as I can't stand tiny screens, so I play the game on effectively a 36" widescreen instead of the psp's tiny 3" or whatever screen. :)

Catlateral Damage : kickstarted this and it JUST released yesterday so I only got 5 minutes in on it in litterbox mode but it seems cute. I can see that mode getting very lame after you get the initial feel for it, so I'll have to try and "goal driven" part instead, but it's worth a laugh I guess if you can get it cheap. very much for cat lovers lol

P3P(Persona 3 Portable, also on PSP): grabbed it digitally during the Atlus sales, this is a preened down version of Persona 3, with the option to see the story as a female protag. They made a LOT of changes to squeeze the game onto 1 UMD so a fair amount of 3d explorable environments are gone, which is a shame, and they redid a lot (but not all) of the voicework to allow for altered dialogues. They also cut down on the textures' detail and polygons for the characters so the overall look is lackluster to the original ps2 game, but the rest is still there and on a portable, thats a lot to appreciate. :) I may not slog through the whole of the game anytime soon, as it takes 100 hours or more, but I will pick at it over time.

Grim Dawn: this is still considered an alpha cause they're still technically buulding it, but there is a ton to play and appreciate if you get early access. this is one of the few games that is doing early access RIGHT. multiplayer works (more or less) and there is tons of content to mess with. It is done by a lot of the team at Iron Lore that made Titan's Quest, so there is a lot of similarities to that game to be had. Think "diablo clone" for overall game style, but with a weird apocalyptic fantasy world that is a mix of magic, swords and pistols and shotguns.. lol. I killed a lot of time working on a few characters in it and me, my wife and my friend all played a ton, maxing our characters level and mostly clearing the entire available map.

I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition for a bit but took a break to mess with other things. I do like it, just is a HUGE game and there is a lot to do and it is fairly tough in spots so I'm going to take my time and enjoy it. :)

I played the first episode of "Life is Strange" and the second just hit so thats going onto my "to do" queue. The first chapter was good, the voicework was generally good but the lip sync'ing was terrible. I will say it is fairly short and there isn't a TON to do, so it feels like a TellTale adventure game but with even less freedom..almost visual novel like, but with more options and branching than a VN. Your mileage with it may vary depending on if you like to immerse in a fictional world, especially one where you follow a slightly emo girl at a university in a mountain lake town trying to find herself and deal with a new.. ability she discovers.

Also am on the last dregs of Wasteland 2, though I hit a road block or five due to poor quest design and my lack of forethought with certain abilities. It is a fun game, I just need to grind a few levels roaming in random fights so I can knock out a quest that unlocks a quest that unblocks a quest.. sort of crap.. lol
alexzorg

Witcher 3
GTA V
Mortal Kombat X
alexzorg

evilkinggumby wrote:CUrrently I am all over the place playing a few different games. :)

Guild Wars 2 because I am friends with a dev on their team and aside from the initial purchase price, it's one of the few MMORPG's with no monthly fee's and yet has a crap TON of land to explore and things to do.. craziness...

Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP: I recently grabbed a sony psp 3001 and a handful of games for it including this sequal to a game i played the hell out of on ps3 and pc. :) the psp version is definitely a toned down, bite sized version of the other game, but it is not without its charm. I hooked my psp to my tv as I can't stand tiny screens, so I play the game on effectively a 36" widescreen instead of the psp's tiny 3" or whatever screen. :)

Catlateral Damage : kickstarted this and it JUST released yesterday so I only got 5 minutes in on it in litterbox mode but it seems cute. I can see that mode getting very lame after you get the initial feel for it, so I'll have to try and "goal driven" part instead, but it's worth a laugh I guess if you can get it cheap. very much for cat lovers lol

P3P(Persona 3 Portable, also on PSP): grabbed it digitally during the Atlus sales, this is a preened down version of Persona 3, with the option to see the story as a female protag. They made a LOT of changes to squeeze the game onto 1 UMD so a fair amount of 3d explorable environments are gone, which is a shame, and they redid a lot (but not all) of the voicework to allow for altered dialogues. They also cut down on the textures' detail and polygons for the characters so the overall look is lackluster to the original ps2 game, but the rest is still there and on a portable, thats a lot to appreciate. :) I may not slog through the whole of the game anytime soon, as it takes 100 hours or more, but I will pick at it over time.

Grim Dawn: this is still considered an alpha cause they're still technically buulding it, but there is a ton to play and appreciate if you get early access. this is one of the few games that is doing early access RIGHT. multiplayer works (more or less) and there is tons of content to mess with. It is done by a lot of the team at Iron Lore that made Titan's Quest, so there is a lot of similarities to that game to be had. Think "diablo clone" for overall game style, but with a weird apocalyptic fantasy world that is a mix of magic, swords and pistols and shotguns.. lol. I killed a lot of time working on a few characters in it and me, my wife and my friend all played a ton, maxing our characters level and mostly clearing the entire available map.

I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition for a bit but took a break to mess with other things. I do like it, just is a HUGE game and there is a lot to do and it is fairly tough in spots so I'm going to take my time and enjoy it. :)

I played the first episode of "Life is Strange" and the second just hit so thats going onto my "to do" queue. The first chapter was good, the voicework was generally good but the lip sync'ing was terrible. I will say it is fairly short and there isn't a TON to do, so it feels like a TellTale adventure game but with even less freedom..almost visual novel like, but with more options and branching than a VN. Your mileage with it may vary depending on if you like to immerse in a fictional world, especially one where you follow a slightly emo girl at a university in a mountain lake town trying to find herself and deal with a new.. ability she discovers.

Also am on the last dregs of Wasteland 2, though I hit a road block or five due to poor quest design and my lack of forethought with certain abilities. It is a fun game, I just need to grind a few levels roaming in random fights so I can knock out a quest that unlocks a quest that unblocks a quest.. sort of crap.. lol
too much explanation :P
johnlee

alexzorg what a comment :D
johnlee

you put the river in a glass :D :lol:
holmebrian
Original backer
Original backer

new games out now there are so many i cant list them all but Big Pharma and Digimon Cyber Sleuth along with Terra Tech are the games im currently playing!
sentoki

Ori and the Blind Forest is a great one! I was so touched by the story, gameplay and atmosphere.
A challenging, and highly rewarding platformer. One I won't forget for a long time.

Thomas_Huayra

To me, personally, nothing can top Far Cry 4. That's my very subjective opinion. Not a perfect game, but it's perfecter to me than the other games I've played. It's like Far Cry 3, but much improved and expanded. Bioshock Infinite is a close number 2. (B:I gets the gold medal for DLC, omg!). I won't list all the games I played, but I think all things considered, Far Cry 4 is very likely to be my favorite game in existence, even taking those I haven't played into account.

And right now I'm playing GoaT