What are you currently eating?

Here you can chat about anything you like.
mousewings
Original backer
Original backer

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Today I had a Vietnamese style submarine sandwich as a light lunch.

@evilkinggumby: Whoa at the Rocky Mountain Energy. I've never seen this here before, which is odd as I assume it's inspired by Alberta. The "working man" part kinda weirds me out as I'm female and drink it; I do love the West Coast Energy, though.

@KwisatzHaderach: That looks so delicious.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 am

@mousewings... darn you that rocky mountain link was my post :mrgreen: I guess the slogan is a bit sexist though.

A Vietnamese sub would hit spot right now as I write this on my phone. I'm stuck in Bangkok traffic... which is really, really busy and slow... so I won't be eating for a while yet.

I feel a bit ashamed. Though I live in this exotic country of awesome food, this afternoon I wolfed down a double big Mac and fries at McDonald's. And it was fantastic :D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 am

hey sometimes you want that taste of home. or you just want comfort food. :) I generally avoid Mcdonalds now but I will admit to every now and then hitting the place up for something in a pinch.

Though what is a double big mac n fries? like.. 2 big macs? or do they double the big mac on the same bun so it's like ... HUGE?

mousewings
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:41 pm

I admit I love fast food, especially fries. They're the ultimate treat after a long day.

Whoa at that mega burger. That would be two to three meals for me!

@david: Oops, sorry! This is what I get for responding to posts when I'm tired and unused to message boards.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Considering a typical big mac is 550 calories, what I show above would be about 2x that, a whopping 1100 calories. So half a days nutrition for the average person. and the majority of a days calories for most dieters. :)

WHen I was young and in high school mcd's had some special promotions, like 2 for $2 with their big macs, so i'd get 2 and barely finish both. never felt good after that.. nowadays, i'd NEVER make it to the second. just way too much food. :)

If David had a double like this.. he's got some serious skillz. :)
david

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 am

@MouseWings... Exactly, to me, a Big Mac and fries is a taste of home... pure comfort food :)

@EvilKing... a double Big Mac has two extra meat patties, but everything isn't double :lol:

Combined with a large fries and large (diet) soda, it is still a really big meal though.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 am

Man that makes me hungry... *licks chops*

wow thats a lot of food still.. lol.. OMG. :)
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:19 pm

stuck working late tonight so.. got take out. garlic chicken over white rice with some vegetable lo mein and a pork egg roll. actually pretty tastey, considering it's just cheap chinese food. :)

the wife got me a reese's peanut butter egg for dessert.. YUM.
david

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:11 am

@EvilKing... yum, fantastic... I love Chinese food!

As you probably know, Thai street food has a reputation for being the best (and cheapest) in the world. So, these days, while I live here in Thailand... the ramshackle shack in the photo below is where I eat at least once daily. I know it doesn't look like much, but the food is fantastic: the lady cooks right behind the counter on a wok. I usually get a chicken stir fry with white rice, a light sauce, and fresh vegetables (baby corn, edamame, carrots and cauliflower). The omelettes here are good too, so healthy and also taste so excellent with rice :lol:

Here is the place, in the back streets of central Bangkok, very close to my home. A meal, including water and coffee, costs about USD 3 here:

and here is the simple, but incredibly tasty, chicken stir fry that I had for dinner this evening:
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:18 am

Sushi is da best! I discovered them when I first moved to LA and I'm fairly lucky to have found a REAL sushi restaurant (with a Japanese cook) 20mn from where I live now...