Weird Drinks that David should try!

Here you can chat about anything you like.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

David and any of the forum folk that live in east asia/Japan-

Watch this vsauce2 video. it's fairly short but has a nice rundown of some odd drinks that exist. I personally want David to buy me a bottle of snake wine and send it to me.. OMG so yummy....

sadly there is a baby mouse wine.. that..we can likely pass on :(

david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

@EvilKing... :shock:

Wow, that video is eye-opening... I'd recommend it to anyone... the world truly is weird and wonderful :D

Just for fun, I'd like to try a lot of them, even the Indian one made from cow urine... if there was a reliable hospital nearby just in case ;)

The Japanese beer for kids... marketing slogan "Even kids need a beer to get through the day"... sounds especially interesting.

But I know I'd feel strange about drinking the 'three penis wine' :oops:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

if i worked in an office, i'd LOVE to get my hands on the kids beer just to mess with my co workers.. crack one open every friday at lunch... lol.

I agree on the three penis one.. that';s just.. strange.

the cow urine one.. is ALL YOU. :) I'm curious if the weird salad soda's are any good.. or the pizza wine..
david

Yeah, you could have a lot of fun with these beverages ;)

If I come across an interesting one on my travels, I'll PM you... I'm not sure what the 'international shipping regulations for truly weird beverages' are :D but maybe I can send a can or a bottle to you.

I too am intrigued by the pizza and salad-flavored drinks... seems probably more tasty (but less adventurous) than cow pee+ :?

+ slogan 'Bovine urine... it's divine'
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

david wrote:If I come across an interesting one on my travels, I'll PM you... I'm not sure what the 'international shipping regulations for truly weird beverages' are :D but maybe I can send a can or a bottle to you.
I took a quick look at the USPS list of basic regulations and they do say international law prohibits shipping of alcoholic beverages, so that is out. :) also anything perishable (so fresh baked/cooked stuff).

So you COULD ship some of the odd ones that are just weird drinks. hehehe. though you'd likely pay more to ship them than for the drink itself.. hehehe

Still I'd reimburse you if there ever was such an event. :)
david

@EvilKing... cool, I'll keep my eyes open for something weird and wild from the exotic east for you :D

... the following is apparently made from pigs' placenta. Yummy! :shock:

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

umm.. is that wine? wow. that's pretty twisted..
david

evilkinggumby wrote:umm.. is that wine? wow. that's pretty twisted..
I don't think it's wine, its probably a health drink.... :|

Though it kind of looks like a sports drink. Can you imagine chugging down half a liter of pig's placenta after a workout? Now that's commitment! :D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

It must be high in iron I guess. and maybe protein? it still sounds nasty.. why would that be what you'd want to drink after working out? Sounds pretty terrible to me, but.. I guess enough folk must swear by it to be a selling product. That means David, you need to totally quench your thirst!
david

Yikes, if I come across pig's placenta (and other weird stuff), it isn't too costly and there is a decent hospital nearby.... I'll try it, for science (or a good story to tell anyway) :shock:

...but if I find it I'll send it to you also, so we can compare flavors :D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

I cringe at the idea but.. it'd be a first for me, that is for sure. :) Something to tell my friends about! Maybe have them try a little.

In exchange I'll ship you something from the US you really desire, or just weird stuff as well. though we don't go as wild here. :)
david

Excellent! I was also thinking about a 'weird drinks' party with group of friends

:D
JamieSmith

Thanks for your information. She is useful to me.