Join our 'Borderlands 2' rampage tomorrow... 3 July!

Here you can chat about anything you like.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

EvilKing tells me that I was unjust in my lack of love for 'Borderlands 2', so perhaps I didn't give it enough time and it is really a decent game. So he has offered to join me in a co-op session to keep the skags off my back and revive me occasionally.

We are playing tomorrow, 3 July, starting at 10 am New York time (9 pm Thailand time), for about three hours. Anyone else who feels like it, whatever your level, feel free to join us!

Please just be aware that EvilKing is skilled. but I'm pretty much a BL2 newb... so please be patient :D

He'll play using his low-level young Siren (or an Assassin) and I'll play with my low-level Gunzerker.

So, if you like, join us for a RAMPAGE on Pandora! :mrgreen:

KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Ha, you caught me on my weak foot. I played Borderlands 1 for about 10 hours before branding it as a huge grind without any deeper enjoyment to get out of it. I automatically transferred it to the second part although I've been hearing a lot of good things about it (especially about its coop).

Unfortunately I am unable to discard my resentments by trying out the coop with you guys since I'm on a holiday till the end of the week with only my laptop. However, I would be most delighted to give it a shot with you guys. there is a problem with the times though; evilkinggumby being on UTC +7, me being on UTC +2 and david being on UTC -4 hours I doubt we could manage to find a fitting time to play. Maybe some time on a weekend...

Anyway, enjoy blasting away tomorrow!
david

kwisatzhaderach wrote:I played Borderlands 1 for about 10 hours before branding it as a huge grind without any deeper enjoyment
I had exactly the same experience with BL 1 (and with 2 also, though I found 2 a bit more interesting) but lots of people loved both games... puzzling! :?:

It is a pity you couldn't make it this time. Weekends are certainly possible on my end, so hopefully we'll make something happen.

EvilKing and I had about a three hour session, and together we finished the mission to rescue Roland... heroes... yay! EvilKing is skilled and knows the game well: I lost count of how many times he revived me, he pointed out some hidden stuff on our travels, and he generously shared the loot... I highly recommend him as a coop partner.

By the end of our session, I'll admit that 'Borderlands 2' has grown on me. As I got more of a handle on things, I did start to get a certain measure of satisfaction from it :mrgreen:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

haha actually we got about 2/3 through rescuing roland, then my game crashed and it was about stopping time anyhow. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the session. We didn't have headsets so it was tough communicating, but even so we sort of found ways to convey ideas through motions and body language..lol. and shooting stuff.

David did great once he warmed up. The first little while we were both kind of rusty so it was some sloppy/messy fighting. Then we started to hit our stride and all havoc was wreaked! heheh.

Twas definitely fun and I hope we can do it again. Anyone interested in a session, chime in here and we'll all try and coordinate. If there is a different co op game you'd like to throw down, also feel free to mention it. I have Saints row 2 3 and 4 but sadly those are all 2 player only, so we can't pile on the friends. :)

I still need to play through most of Sacred 2 gold but I don't know if any online co op works anymore, as i think their original servers are gone.
david

evilkinggumby wrote:haha actually we got about 2/3 through rescuing roland
...darn it! I though we had rescued him! :shock:
evilkinggumby wrote:We didn't have headsets so it was tough communicating
Yeah, I must buy one for sure. Before we move on to another game, we have to get Roland out of that nasty place, he's having a rotten time ;)

It will also come in handy if we play Splinter Cell: Conviction, which has 2 player coop, and also (I think... b'cos I haven't played this module) Splinter Cell has asymmetrical multi-player competitive team play (called Spies Vs Mercs) where friends can play on a team together.

KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

I have been reading up on Blacklist lately since david rhapsodized about it. Especially the Spy vs. Mercs classic mode was unanimously praised. Now I'm torn between getting Borderlands 2 or Blacklist, they both cost about 10 € on the cheap keystore-sites...
david

@Kwisatz... awesome! Whichever game you choose, we'll have some fun! :mrgreen:

Shooting (virtual) people is just awesome entertainment ;)
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Alright, I went ahead and got Blacklist as I think it accomodates my preferences better than B2 and features an intersting sounding campaign.
I'll probably be on on Saturday between 6 pm to 10 pm UTC. If anyone feels like having a game, feel free to chime in.

And you should definitely get a head set. Talking instead of writing leaves more time for shooting virtual people = more entertainment :)
david

@Kwisatz... Terrific! I'll buy a headset today. I'm on for Saturday, it will be ridiculously late 'cos I'm +7 UTC... but to heck with it ;) Hopefully you'll enjoy the gameplay as much as I did (apologies, if you find that the storyline is the usual drivel though). We can play some of the coop missions, or join a random team on Spies V Mercs... whichever you prefer, but I suspect coop would be a better introduction.

@EvilKing... I know you don't have a copy yet, but it would be cool if you'd join... then we can try out Spies V Mercs module. In any event, let's set up some time in BL2 to finish Roland's rescue or take on another mission.

BTW I've found with SC:B that using an Xbox controller, once you get used to the controls (which takes a bit of practice), you'll be able to flow swiftly and invisibly around the environment: sprinting while crouched, seamlessly sliding into cover, popping up for a silenced headshot, hopping through open windows, shimmying along ledges and pipes, dangling from ledges, and hunching in a dark corner to wait for a passing guard.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Ha that is all great news.

We do need to finish out that mission for BL2, for sure. I don't have the cash to gran splinter cell just yet, I had to assist my mother with a financial problem, and this month is her birthday so we got her a kindle as a present. So I guess you two will be on your own for snooping and shooting for a while.. hehehe Though if it pops up dirt cheap on steam I may be able to grab it. We'll see. :lol:

we could probably throw down a session sunday if you like. I do plan to run out to my mothers, but that isn't until later on so if you wanted to do a similar session as last time (10 AM morning for me, 9:00 pm evening for you) that is possible!
david

Good on ya for looking after your mum! :D I love my kindle, I carry it about every day and dip into it to take a few spare moment away from the interweb.

Sign me up for Borderlands 2 at that time on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it :mrgreen:

Of course, as usual, all other GOAT visitors are welcome to join us too