Dungeon Kingdom & Thanks

Here you can chat about anything you like.
kanda

I agree totally. When you are developing, sometime you avoid the traps unconsciously. When you test your demo. And not to mention your own habits as a player, you way to play which may be different from others ^^ A shot example is the view rotation. As a pc & first person view games player, i used to rotate view in some direction. But when a guy at Androgames tested the game on an Android device, and also when Alberto tested it, they felt it's unnatural to rotate in that direction and it should be inverted. This is ok for this example as i planned to add an option, but it's typically some feedbacks worth to get from a range of different testers. :idea:

It's about same to find bugs, as some players may not take the same way as you to reach a goal. Especially in a game like Dungeon Kingdom with its dynamic nature.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

exactly, I was a bit surprised by the different ways people played even the short GOAT demo.

Cosmogenies (did some GOAT camera programming) here on the forum can play through it in a bit over two minutes on a speed run. Seith can do it in a bit over 3 minutes. My times at Gamescom were awful, easily north of ten minutes, but I preferred messing with the AI rats and knocking them out by throwing the stick to bonk them on the head anyway (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) :D
Alberto

PS. welcome to the forum Alberto! 8-)
Thank you!

Well, the nice thing about DK demo is its replayability - I play it several times a day.
When I find a graphics glitch or some element that I think should be designed differently, I take a screenshot, I put some "red tape" where I think the "body of evidence" is, and finally I send it to Kanda...
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

david wrote: My times at Gamescom were awful, easily north of ten minutes, but I preferred messing with the AI rats and knocking them out by throwing the stick to bonk them on the head anyway (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) :D

LOL maybe you shouldn't branch out from your day job and stick to what you know best... lol

ahh puns.. such fun. (that was intentional, right David? )
david

evilkinggumby wrote:ahh puns.. such fun. (that was intentional, right David? )
I'll never admit to deliberately bringing such a vile and invidious evil into the world :mrgreen:

Alberto wrote:When I find a graphics glitch or some element that I think should be designed differently, I take a screenshot, I put some "red tape" where I think the "body of evidence" is, and finally I send it to Kanda...
Yep, makes sense, I've known Seith to occasionally use similar approach when we built this site.
Alberto

Good Kanda and his pals have released the trailer!
kanda

Thanks alberto, i was about to post :)

david

Cool, I'm going to look at the new video when I get home.

7 days to go on your IndieGoGo campaign, fingers crossed for you guys!
kanda

david wrote:Cool, I'm going to look at the new video when I get home.

7 days to go on your IndieGoGo campaign, fingers crossed for you guys!
Thanks a lot :)
Let's see if we get more exposure in the press with this trailer, for the last part of the campaign....^^
david

I checked out your trailer, looks and sounds nice...

I'm liking the details including your editing/pacing, the music and even your font... also your snowy environment with the big ogre :D
kanda

david wrote:I checked out your trailer, looks and sounds nice...

I'm liking the details including your editing/pacing, the music and even your font... also your snowy environment with the big ogre :D
Thanks David, nice comments is always good to read :)