Implement tides

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Dear devs at Seith Inc. limited,

this is great: I can throw around ideas and someone else has to do all the work :D
it would be really awesome if you could implement tides into the game. It's something i have never seen done in any other game and from what I can tell the GoaT (btw: the final boss HAS to be the ghost of a GoaT <-- great idea!) environments would lend themselves well to that mechanic. Just think of all the nice little extras you could hide beneath the waves! You could link quests to specific tidal stands and could trap enemies on little reefs that get flooded...

Then again, the gain might be small should swimming and diving be implemented. Just something I'd like to see done in a game for once.

edit: Ok, nice ideas in the post below. I'll make a list with possible gameplay implementations for tides.

- hide secrets beneath the high-tides waves
- lure enemies onto reefs while the tide comes on and traps them
- passages that are only reachable at high tide (steep rocks e.g.)
- tidal pools (...?... hunting for krill and teasing sea anemones as a past time?)
Last edited by KwisatzHaderach on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
haldolium
Original backer
Original backer

I like the idea. Should be not too hard to do either I guess.
KwisatzHaderach wrote:
Then again, the gain might be small should swimming and diving be implemented.

Not necessarily. Think of a rock that is too steep to climb up when the tide is out, but you can swim up on it when the tide is in and climb it from a reachable position then :)
Neverarine
Original backer
Original backer

Tidal pools too! we cant forget that tides create these things and im sure theres something fun we can do with these!
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Nice idea! It's just that it might be a little too ambitious for the game at this point (I think they didn't implement tides even in Skyrim). But we'll see. In any case, never censor yourselves about the scope of your suggestions; the burden is on us to determine their feasibility.

As to swimming and diving, I can't say anything about that yet. Except... well, it would sure be nice. :)