Humans

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

We haven't seen any hints that humans feature or exist in the Ghost of a Tale universe.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

:D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

As is likely evident in my post on the locations to visit thread, I like the idea of hinting at their existence, but not actually feature them outright. I don't think we need to SEE them lumbering about or anything, but rather see items and structures in parts of the island that were man-made at some point. It would be interesting to see the game universe evolve much like we did and so early in the game(s) it is sort of primitive and moving towards the bronze age, where weapons armor and tech are fairly simplistic and homemade. Ad things go on they could begin to grow and adapt and learn/use stuff like steamworks or electricity or polished surfaces, and eventually work their way to a world like humans have where their technology has gone out of control and begun to really overtake their lives(not to say they're be into microchips and stuff, but somewhat like early 20th century with the dawn of fossil fuel use, manufacturing and larger populated city like areas) . But that may very well be an allegory Seith isn't keen on exploring with this series at all. (and i am talking a span of multiple generations, so this would be a VERY gradual transition across many many games.. if it happened).

either way, I like showing we exist,or existed, but we don't need to see us. Not yet.
Pulsar
Original backer
Original backer

As David said, the world we have seen so far seems to be a 'normal' fantasy world with humans/monsters replaced by animals. Having this world inhabited (or once inhabited) by humans certainly gives great opportunities for interesting large scale structures, features or areas, however I think it may be difficult to marry up the experiences of playing a mouse in a human world and a mouse in an fantasy world and that one may detract from the other, especially in a smaller production.

Despite this I am sure that if Seith wanted it could be used to great effect, (I agree that actually seeing humans in this game would not be the best) and that the hints of human civilisation could build up during the game leading to a reveal at the end of the game that allows for further exploration of the idea in a future game.
Gab_dC
Original backer
Original backer

This, alongside the topic of voiced dialogue, is all up to the execution. I feel that Pulsar and evilkinggumby have both pointed out different ways of approaching (or not approaching) humans. If they do exist in the universe, I think it should be extremely subtle.

I personally feel that the game would work better without humans, but hey, I don't know what Seith has up his sleeve in terms of story! :P
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Very thoughtful thread I must say. I can't enter into any details regarding the story, but suffice to say that you will not encounter any human beings in the game.
david

We won't encounter any humans on Periclave, but I wonder if there be human structures or human-made objects. I'm not hinting, b'cos I really don't know. Seith has spoken, and yet some mystery lingers... :mrgreen:
korioliam

As much as we love online gameplay, but real people are still more interesting for communication. I can give an example of classic Maturetenders. This site can be called a social network as it is done to find a partner or online friends. It's very easy to get acquainted here. go and register for free)
lamper

There are several different Humans feature in the Ghost of a Tale game; this is due to the nature of the game and how it was designed. The basis for the game is that humans worked as teams when they first started off in the prehistoric era and this was often used as a means of survival. The human teams would work to survive and to get their own food whilst doing so. It therefore makes sense that if there were humans living alongside dinosaurs in prehistoric times, that some of them may have looked like humans in some ways due to similarities in features such as hand size and posture. In order for you to be able to take part in the Ghost of a Tale game, you will first need to register at a website called Campoamor. Here, you will create your own account and you can then start making your own humans. You are able to play as any human character in the game, although the default character that you start off as is Professor Xavier. As with most things in this genre, the more unique the characters are, the more fun the game is likely to be. However, most humans feature very similar traits which include being smart, curious, social and curious; characteristics that will help you succeed in Ghost of a Tale. In order to be successful in Ghost of a Tale, you will need to write a good college essay with service https://writemyessaysos.com/, as this is where you will base your character on. Most humans in the game do not feature in the college sections, but it is possible to place a player as one of these unique characters if you are particularly keen. Ghost of a Tale can be played single player, or with up to four players online; this is due to the fact that the game can be enjoyed by all ages and there is no need for you to worry about having to sit through a long tutorial if you want to play with more than two players online at once.
AmandaBrowns

Thanks a lot for info! I generally look for help recorded as a hard copy articles and some other composed work just from proficient scholars from the college assignment help - they generally fulfill time constraints without copyright infringement utilizing genuinely definitive sources. I'm exceptionally content with my decision and I prompt all understudies
Conyjohn

I was skeptical about ordering an essay from any site. On top of that my paper was based on a field that was more complex and I didn’t really know if any essay writing service was equipped with a writer who is also knowledgeable in IT HNC Assignment Experts in uk
linda68

Regardless of the reason, the lack of humans in The Ghost of a Tale universe adds to the game's unique and otherworldly atmosphere. It allows developers to explore different themes and concepts slope without being constrained by expectations regarding human characters and storylines.