Boxed Collector's edition

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

This thread has a bunch of terrific ideas for interesting and beautiful collectors' editions... darn it, I want one myself now :D
deedlit

Same here, I can't wait. :D

Taking the postcard with all the signatures of the developers on it, on the back or on the front doesn't matter. That would be great as well.
david

deedlit wrote:Taking the postcard with all the signatures of the developers on it
That's just a terrific suggestion - we should definitely do this! Though GoaT is pretty much a one-man game so Seith's signature would be plenty imho ;)
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

david wrote:
deedlit wrote:Taking the postcard with all the signatures of the developers on it
That's just a terrific suggestion - we should definitely do this! Though GoaT is pretty much a one-man game so Seith's signature would be plenty imho ;)
thats the tricky part. getting full staff signatures on anything is logistically impractical. When you consider where seith, Jeremiah, you, cosmo and everyone else live around the world, having everyone sign ANYTHING would just be a massive expensive hassle. Possibly do a limited run if you all managed to meet at a con down the road (and the item to sign is available and with you) but.. really I don't see it happening. If all else, signed by Seith would be the most likely possibility. :) Though I admit I'd love full signatures, and I'd love just his. hehehe
david

@EvilKing... darn it, you caught me taking the music for granted, which I absolutely shouldn't considering the quality that Jeremiah can produce! I have fallen in love with the original GoaT tune on the first video from way back, even though I've heard it many, many times.

Yeah, Seith should certainly be there! And you are right, ideally also the people helped out with actual game creation, especially Jeremiah (doing all the music), and hopefully Cyrille (aka Cosmogonies here on the forum, did a bit of programming) and Paul (did some tuning with the story). Though Cyrille and Paul would probably agree with me when I say that GoaT is -pretty much- all Seith's work, apart from the music which is 100% Jeremiah.

Here's where these guys are at the moment:

Seith (France)
Jeremiah (USA)
Paul (USA and/or UK)
Cyrille (France)

You know, doing a card-signing session when everyone together is at the next convention would be an option... it might also be possible to ship a box of cards around the place to each person, to add their signature to the cards and send the box on to the next signatory. I think the guys probably would find it funny :lol:

Regrettably support guys like Stephane (marketing) and me (community) probably aren't quite as relevant of course ;)
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

hey you guys are integral too :) if card signing was going to happen.. in a way BECAUSE it is such a small close nit group of ya'll, it'd be important not to leave anyone's hard efforts out. I know they might not require it on AAA games where the cast of credits goes into the thousands, but this is GoaT and the list is hardly exhaustive. :)

and that is not to say "oh there's only a handful of you so why not sign it" but more of "BECAUSE it is only a handful of you, every person's role is significantly more important and critical, so everyone should sign it".
david

@EvilKing... ok, I'm totally up for signing a whole bunch of cards! :D

LarryTing

david wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 am A long, long way into the future, Seith has suggested that a boxed collector's edition of Ghost of a Tale may be forthcoming. So I was just thinking to gather your ideas about what it might include:
  • Tin box
    Soundtrack CD & MP3
    Postcards from the gameworld
    Mouse plushy toy (suggested by EvilKing)
I still have't found that edition. And I really like the music from Ghost of Tale. So they promised MP3 tracks and I can't find none! Who do I need to write about it?
senstivezond

I was sorry to hear that. But did you look well enough? Maybe it was disassembled and sold by parts? I guess you should write to the manufacturer if you are so converned. Alternatively you can get to mp3juice.link and check if they uplodaed MP3 tracks there as well. I cannot guarantee you that, but you can at least give it a try.