Stealth takedowns and magic system

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
soulcypher

I know that Tilo is small but is it possible to enhance stealth mechanics for the players who would like to get rid of the bigger enemy A.I.?

Also, if posssible please implement some spells and magic system like in Dishonored or Bioshock?

Also, please make environment fun to explore with a bunch of secrets and puzzles.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

soulcypher wrote:I know that Tilo is small but is it possible to enhance stealth mechanics for the players who would like to get rid of the bigger enemy A.I.?

Also, if posssible please implement some spells and magic system like in Dishonored or Bioshock?

Also, please make environment fun to explore with a bunch of secrets and puzzles.
At this late stage of development I can't see them doing everything you're asking for but, I do believe Seith was going to shoot for lots of puzzles and secrets to discover and solve. :) I don't think magic will be implemented at all, Tilo is not really a caster since he is more of a Bard. But possibly songs will have certain effects? We can hope anyhow.

I'd love to see takedowns but Tilo is heroic, and that seems a bit... counter to him. I could be wrong though, Seith would have to say. THough to do takedowns would mean a lot of additional time calculating and animating the sequences based on each type of enemy.. thats a lot of work.

I'm sure if he DID do it it'd be damn fun to see though.
soulcypher

evilkinggumby wrote: At this late stage of development I can't see them doing everything you're asking for but, I do believe Seith was going to shoot for lots of puzzles and secrets to discover and solve. :) I don't think magic will be implemented at all, Tilo is not really a caster since he is more of a Bard. But possibly songs will have certain effects? We can hope anyhow.
Thnaks. Bard can have various spells
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org ... pells.html
Miezekatze

Oh yes please, add some magic fire spells or a crossbow with stun arrows, some distance combat system and some stealth takedowns to give the game some tactical "Hitman" gameplay capabilitys to get rid of the rats and rat zombies :)
Always just running away all the time gets boring with time when this gameplay mechanics is way too overused as the one and only aspect of how to handle every single enemy the whole game.
A fantasy game needs some fancy interesting and mystical magic spells and weapons, maybe a wooden druid stick shooting a fireball or something. It is frustrating when there is no way to get rid of the chasing enemies and no chance to camouflage or disguise or defend the cute little mouse somehow.

Oh wow this game is AWESOME cute and will have so much potential!
A cute little mouse should have Druid / druidic / celtic magic spells, for example healing, nature domination like calling crows to distract or attack enemies, summon roots coming out of the ground holding the chasing enemies in one place. Things like that are fascinating.
urbanwolf

I actually want to say this is really a bad idea. I feel like it would take away so much from the atmosphere of the game. Takedowns? Magic? Bioshock? You're a tiny bard. You're not a sorcerer or a warrior, you're just someone trying to get by, who found themselves on the wrong side of a corrupt system.
I feel the entire point of being a mouse is that you're largely defenseless. At best you might knock out an enemy with the environment or perhaps slow them down with something at your disposal, but attacking outright? I think it'd have to be a completely different game.
Thomas_Huayra

If this game will have magic, I'm out. Uninstalling it, printing its cover on a sheet of paper, just so I can burn it. Then I will bury its ashes under 2 meters of clay.

It's not this kind of game, keep your stinking harry potter ideas out of it!

And saying Bioshock has magic or spells is sacrilege. Vigors and plasmids are about rewriting a persons genetic code to enable them to do unusual stuff.
paddymaxson

Personally Im not up for Tilo becoming a capable fighter, I mean, I wouldn't mind if it was a natural progression later in the game, but i dont want to be Sam fisher. I'd be ok with fairly benign magic like maybe a light spell or a speed boost or a high jump spell, just stuff that augments existing skills or introduces new mechanics but chucking fireballs? nah
fakenina

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your suggestions and feedback!

Tilo's abilities will always stay consistent to his character, so I don't think he's going to be developing any brutal takedown skills, or magical powers :). At the same time, he might find ways to keep the guards incapacitated for longer, or more ways to distract them, and we'll likely see him using his lute in gameplay in interesting ways (not just to sing for the NPCs), and plenty of new places to explore, and puzzles to solve. More details as we move forward, but hopefully nobody will want to bury the game! :)