Bear trap interaction

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
Mr Whiskers

Hi !
Just a small suggestion here. It's about the bear traps in the sewer entrance. I was just thinking it would be neat if Tilo could disable them without stepping on them. Either a disable interaction or the possibility of throwing a stick to set them off.
althrioan

I'd agree. But would add that it should be something heavier than a stick. Maybe only a bottle should work.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Considering you can throw a stick across a chasm to drop a drawbridge (even if the mechanism is faulty), then you should be able to set off a bear trap with one!
althrioan

true that :D
urbanwolf

A neat trick might be you can only disable them with something heavy enough to make noise (like a bottle).
That way you could choose if you want to deal with the trap, or deal with some nasty lurking around the corner.
Boolean

It looks like the ability to trigger the traps with thrown items has been implemented, because throwing sticks at them would set them off for me.

EDIT: Apparently not being able to trigger traps was a bug, and it has been fixed.
paddymaxson

Mr Whiskers wrote:Hi !
Just a small suggestion here. It's about the bear traps in the sewer entrance. I was just thinking it would be neat if Tilo could disable them without stepping on them. Either a disable interaction or the possibility of throwing a stick to set them off.
You can set them off with a stick