Oculus Rift Support

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Well, I'll say it since I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet. Have you considered Oculus Rift support?

There have been enough tech demos/driver hacks now to show that VR doesn't have to be limited to a first person view.

While there are certainly design decisions to consider, Unity integration is shockingly easy to at least quickly test by just replacing the camera with the OVR prefab from the Rift SDK.
Monixe
Original backer
Original backer

It's an idea but I don't think it is a priority. The developer is expensive for add more costs and I suppose Seith and the Team prefer destine the effort only to the game

Finished the game all is possible :P

Greetings
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

It's a valid suggestion, Fluke. However as Monixe said it's not really a priority for now.

Also, I have to say I am EXTREMELY sensitive to motion sickness. And after having read a lot of articles and impressions regarding the Oculus Rift, I am unfortunately 99% certain that (at least for me) to try the device would be tantamount to riding the vomit comet.

But I'm curious about the thing, so I might try it at some point. And if I find it's an enjoyable experience then who knows, support for the Oculus Rift could happen!
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Thanks for the replies :)

I'd certainly agree it isn't a priority at all, but it's nice to know that it could at least be a possibility in the future.

I'd certainly recommend having a go on a Rift if you get the opportunity though. It's one of those things where you really can't imagine what it looks like until you try it. The whole motion sickness thing is certainly an odd thing though.

I've had mine for about 2 months now, and have shown it to pretty much everyone I know. One thing I've found is that you can't predict how anyone will react. Most of my friends are gamers, some thought it might make them feel ill, others were confident that they didn't get motion sick. The results were all over the place.

With me, I was OK with most stuff at the start in short/moderate sessions, though HL2 really made me feel iffy. Bizarrely, from the start I've been able to play TF2 for as long as I like with no nausea whatsoever. It took me about 2 weeks to get my VR legs, and I'm fine with everything now.

The weirdest result however was my dad. A total none-gamer all his life, and he's as solid as a rock using the Rift. Nothing phases him at all. However, a mate of mine who has been gaming for the past 30 years turns green the instant he tries to strafe left or right!
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Just to chime in here and say that.. and it seem like most/all agree... I'd also really like to see GoaT support Oculus Rift, but... of course only if it isn't too expensive or a time-draining distraction for Seith from getting the main game right.
HowarJK8

It's a thought however I don't think it is a need. The designer is costly for include more expenses and I assume Seith and the Team favor ordain the exertion just to the amusement ..........Completed the amusement all is conceivable :)

Best wishes