Platform (jumping) idea

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
Jairone

Because the controls are a little finicky with regard to jumping up places, and the jumping puzzle above the prison exit frustrated me due to that... I have the following as an idea:

Ability: Mouse leap. Since mice are naturally pretty good about these things, this would be a starting skill. What it would do is look for the nearest catch/climb spot in front of you, and automatically leap if it is in range (along with giving you some forward motion if needed.) This would automatically start you climbing up onto any climbable structure.

I found myself running into issues with pushing things as well, and this would help there too, as a way of avoiding pushing objects like stools with the current setup where you must be very close and walking toward them to climb.

This ability could also potentially be toggled off as an option, thus giving people who really want a more difficult experience with jumping and platforming to have it... without overly frustrating everyone else! :D
urbanwolf

Sounds fun, but it would make level design a lot more complicated.
I agree the jumping could use a bit of finesse, but rather than adding a super jump, you could probably fix it with just better edge detection. Tilo does climb, after all! It just needs to be worked a bit.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

From what I've played of the new builds today, climbing/ledge detection has been massively improved. In the cell at the start for instance, I climbed the rocks with no effort, and with the climbing/jumping section above Rolo, it didn't stick on the wooden platforms or the window ledge at all.
Jairone

True, more edge detection improvements could help a lot. I just know that having spots where you have a more difficult jump (which are very rare in the game, so not a huge deal) are going to be a problem for a number of people.

I was more thinking of certain people I know who will pass on the game (although they love everything else) because they cannot handle even a little bit of the platforming style stuff... and making the controls have an easier option for them would be cool in my own opinion (I like some of those people!)

It isn't terrible, and it isn't pressing. Just an idea for helping those who get frustrated when their ability to move and jump in certain situations with the controls does not match what the mind is putting out!
DonnaNadeau

I was searching for the platform jumping idea online in this game and I am really very happy I have found my question answer in your post. Thanks for sharing your suggestions with us on this topic. It is really very helpful for me. I also want to search for a site online in which I can find the types of essays and when I was searching for platform ideas online on google search, I have also found https://www.collegessaywriter.com/types-of-essays/ site link. Now, I don't have to waste my time searching for it online.