Possible Console Version?

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

@EvilKing... a 720p LED project is pretty much what I've been looking for... infinite bulb life and portable... yay! I must check on Amazon and eBay again.

@Kwisatz... those monitors sound terrific at the right price (so, if necessary, I can leave them behind if I move) and if I can get 'em in Thailand. Electronic stuff here is 30% to 100% more than the US... which is weird because they actually make some items here. I believe that there is an oligopoly of distributors here at the top of the supply chain, and those fat cats skim off the cream.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

LOL well even with LED there is no "infinite bulb life". It's just a lot longer running. In looking it seems like you could get a decent 720p(1080i) led projector that does about 500 lumens for around $500 on amazon, that's in american $$ though and I don't know what kind of availability that'd have in Thailand.

the markup there sounds terrible. I mean I figured everything was super pricey in the US due to import tariffs and stuff. I guess it's just expensive all around the world.

Though I guess we should get back on topic. With Seith's desire to have the best visuals, does this mean it's a likely safe bet the game won't port to handhelds? I mean you can get some solid visuals on a vita, but I don't know if it'd pull off all the dx11 effects too well. Also seeing it on a tiny screen may spoil it. It'd be neat to see it on 3ds, especially if it manages to use the 3d effect, but I KNOW it'd need a lot of downgrading (visually) to run properly on that hardware due to the lower rez screen and dual screen layout.
david

evilkinggumby wrote:LOL well even with LED there is no "infinite bulb life". It's just a lot longer running.

Darn you, ok... not infinite.. only 50,000 hours :ugeek:
evilkinggumby wrote:the markup there sounds terrible. I mean I figured everything was super pricey in the US due to import tariffs and stuff. I guess it's just expensive all around the world.
Actually, it blows my mind, but electronics prices in the US are about the best in the world... even better than China for famous-branded products (and that's where a lot of the stuff is made). I think it is partly because of the high demand, scale economies and a lot of retail competition (bricks & mortar and online) in the US.
evilkinggumby wrote:With Seith's desire to have the best visuals, does this mean it's a likely safe bet the game won't port to handhelds?
I took a look at the specifications of the handhelds, and even high end tablets, and sent Seith a breakdown about 6 months ago. He is interested in doing something, but I get the impression he's not 100% convinced that the visuals would work for GOAT. As you'd expect, the PC version is consuming his attention right now anyway.

Basically, getting GOAT to look suitably awesome on these machines MAY be achievable... it would be especially cool on a 3ds with a bit of depth.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Yeah. I suspect if I want to check the game in good 3d though I'll either have to get a proper stereoscopic setup at home (i don't have a 3d tv at all) or pray eventually for the oculous rift support. :) but that's certainly 'down the road'.
david

Korean monitors - Just to say that Kwisatz got back to me by PM about the Korean monitors. Kwisatz knows quite a lot about hardware, so if you are in the market for a low-cost high-res monitor, this is his inside scoop. I put his detailed info in a separate thread to keep this thread on topic... though its a bit late for that :lol:

http://www.ghostofatale.com/forum/viewt ... p=786#p786
stock6affixes

There's no need for that, and you can start attracting your customers via the internet without any problems as well. Of course, you'll have to spend some time to develop a reliable one, but trust me, it'll be worth it. You can contact developers that will provide you with all the necessary extensions for your website like advanced review and custom contact form, and I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems with it.