New hiding spot suggestion and speed up attack animation

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
Nitrogat

I made this suggestion on the Steam discussion boards (where I have also posted about 2 glitches that are game breaking) but the hiding spot are the destroyed cannons, they seem like they would be big enough for Tilo to hide in but I was a lil disappointed when a hide prompt didn't appear.

Also I would suggest speeding up the rats attack animations as I can easily just run past them even with no stamina thanks to the candle hat item. The rats just aren't scary and neither are the leeches when I just casually walk past them without a care in the world.
fakenina

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion, this is a nice idea as a hiding place. I'll discuss it with Seith.

Can you give me more details about the issue with the candle hat and the rat guards? What is it about the hat that makes it easier to bypass the guards? (perhaps I'm misunderstanding).

Seith's working on some upgrades to the Rats that should make them a lot more challenging, while not making them too difficult at the start of the game. We'll talk about it more in the future, but I just wanted to let you know we're aware of the issue.

Thanks!

FN
Nitrogat

FakeNina wrote:Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion, this is a nice idea as a hiding place. I'll discuss it with Seith.

Can you give me more details about the issue with the candle hat and the rat guards? What is it about the hat that makes it easier to bypass the guards? (perhaps I'm misunderstanding).

Seith's working on some upgrades to the Rats that should make them a lot more challenging, while not making them too difficult at the start of the game. We'll talk about it more in the future, but I just wanted to let you know we're aware of the issue.

Thanks!

FN
Oh it doesn't make it easier but the whole detriment to the candle hat is that it stops stamina regeneration, so it takes away the ability to sprint eventually which you would think that would lead having a harder time escaping/avoiding guards. This is not so when all the guards are very slow and take really slow swings.

The only time I have ever been hit is when I've been messing around with the guards and alerting them all and then getting trapped. one guard on it's own has never killed me. I just think they should be made a little more difficult is all. One way I could suggest is to speed up their attack animations so that they are more likely to hit you. I was just using the candle hat as an example of how easy guards are to avoid even when you are hindered by the hat. There is nothing wrong with the hat itself, sorry for the confusion.
fakenina

Ah, got it!! Thanks for clarifying, and please forgive my poor reading comprehension :)
As I mentioned previously, Seith is working on a whole set of changes to try and address this issue.
I'm not sure when we'll see them, but it'll definitely be in the early access build at some point.

Thanks again,

FN
juhir