Environmental Harm

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
Uberskunk

Hello, hello. I just tried the game within the last day and I must say, I'm loving it, it's such a charmer. I have a fondness for rodents in general and although I'm usually LUDICROUSLY cheap when it comes to buying downloaded media, the curiosity got the better of me.

Anyway I do have one suggestion. Today while playing I died twice in the sewer when entering the poisonous water with the Death's Tongue Mushrooms. It happened twice because the first time I didn't notice my health being affected and actually thought it was because I had touched the mushroom so I subsequently figured "Okay, I won't touch those" but then figured out a second or two too late that it was apparently the sludge.

It could just be my bitterness toward death (I don't take video game death as well as an adult probably should...it's still in the back of my mind) but I was thinking that maybe an increased awareness of the fact that the stuff was harmful would be good. Something as simple as, I dunno, some pained squeaks coming from Tilo? The health bar was too subtle for me to really notice it up there and other than the room itself being red and misty, the sludge itself didn't seem much different from the benign mud puddles I had walked through in the previous room (And I did in fact check to see if those were harmful and when they weren't I assumed the other puddle wouldn't be). Admittedly I'm still very early into the game so if all harmful pools are meant to be misty like that I guess it sets a fair precedent even if the first wasn't clear (Maybe I'm just dumb) but otherwise I might suggest some kind of greater indication of environmental harm like that. I probably rambled too long about this topic.

But otherwise? It's a lovely little project, I hope you guys are successful enough to make another in the future. I know I'm just a little ways into the unfinished product but I can already tell I'm going to want more of Tilo.

EDIT: Upon exploring further I could be incorrect in assuming it's the water and instead it's the red mist? The thing is I'm not sure. It seems like the water doesn't always hurt Tilo but I've also found myself in a heavily red-misty area that also doesn't hurt him. I guess it could be a combination of both? I guess I'd update the suggestion to be more clear about what specifically I should be avoiding in there as I'm not entirely sure what the hazard is.
fakenina

Hi!

Thanks for your message! You'll see in the next release (coming soon) that we've added a meter that indicates when Tilo is getting poisoned. His health isn't affected until the poison meter becomes full. We'll post here and on Steam when the new update is available. If you get a chance check it out then, and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

FN
Uberskunk

Thanks for the response, I'm certainly looking forward to all possible updates. I snagged the game on GoG so hopefully the update comes through there as well.
KateKateKate

Has it started recently only? If you are being prepared for competitions, then you have obviously been playing tennis for a long time and your legs have only started to hurt now? It sounds strange, of course, but I recommend you to look at the cbd store because maybe there you will find a cream that will help you cope with pain. I wish you good luck in the competition.
felicia112

Do you want to try your hand at a ball running in 3D? Slope game is a fairly popular game with young people, the player's task is simple: You have a ball in a tunnel with holes and obstacles here and there. Your job is to drive the ball and not fall into the hole.