Climate zone and seasons

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Wouldn't it be great to have a game that doesn't only offer different climate zones, but actual seasons? It might have been done before, but I know of no game (an RPG preferably) that has achieved this. Imagine how awesome it would be to experience a game world where spring with melting ice and massive spring rains flooding the land would turn into summer. Grass would turn yellowish, fruit would ripen, rivers run dry. Then comes autumn, leaves would be starting to turn red, yellow and brown. In winter ice and snow would provide a totally different gaming environment in the same landscape.

You could have season related quests and bring in a little of a surviving aspect where planning ahead for the cold seasons plays a role. The possibilities are so many, that I actually have problems that it wasn't attempted before in one of the AAA RPG's like the Elder Scrolls games.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

You are totally right, it would be awesome. I personally love snow in video games (and real life too). Autumn hasn't been done a lot in games, and I think it is an interesting season too.

EvilKing and Seith chimed in on this topic here. Check this thread... http://www.ghostofatale.com/forum/viewt ... f=13&t=179