Character clothing (aka Mousewear)

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

As many of you may see there is something cited as being implemented by Seith in his newest blog. He states the following:
*Implemented new props attachment and equipment system (great way to customize the character’s look)
It sounds like we'll have options for accessories or certain types of equipment showing in the game.

So I figured I'd make a thread so folk can chime in and say what they'd love to see. Styles of hats? Armor pieces? Materials for the armor pieces?

Keep in mind the characters are going to be vaguely "human" sized so the hero mouse wouldn't be wearing an acorn helmet or anything. It could be sewn/hammered/smithed like most fantasy armor is.

What kinds of armor and pieces might you enjoy seeing and collecting together? Rusted chainmail? Tarnished bronze? Maybe a few cobbled pieces of platemail? Or are you more of the leather/wool type?

I just imagined a mouse in a wool kilt.. OMG that's fun.

Also, what kind of other assessories might be fun to find or wear on your character? jewelry? scarf? various sized backpacks or belts with pouches? Maybe a variety of boot styles?

Ok admittedly that last one was not a good example as it doesn't match the scale.. but I loved the drama! :)
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

As for me, I kind of imagine that hats will be a GoaT thing.

After all, there is already the normal hat (is it a bonnet?) and the fancy hat :D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

KILTS!

particularly, I would love love love to see Ferrets in Kilts. They have that long langy body and with a kilt on their lower half.. it just feels sort of scottish. And their length allows for proper bagpipe playing!

But really it'd be kool to have one of the animal races wear kilts and tartan patterns. :)

(edit: I just realized my original post mentioned Kilts too..dangit! Sorry for repetition!)
Nexar

Well, going by already seen footage it looks like there will at least be some full-plate armor of sorts. I really hope there is some good variety there, surcoats especially seem to rarely get some good use in the spotlight in games with armor. I'd also like to perhaps see incentives to use or not use certain kinds of armor depending on what you are doing. Running around, or making difficult jumps for example might be hampered by heavy armor.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Nexar wrote:Well, going by already seen footage it looks like there will at least be some full-plate armor of sorts. I really hope there is some good variety there, surcoats especially seem to rarely get some good use in the spotlight in games with armor. I'd also like to perhaps see incentives to use or not use certain kinds of armor depending on what you are doing. Running around, or making difficult jumps for example might be hampered by heavy armor.

Exactly what I think is being done. Seith has already explaiend that you can wear the plate armor of the rats but it slows you down considerably, so it is not always a practical decision. I would imagine the best outfits and armor will be light and flexible, but we haven't seen a full roster of what is expected to ber used. As far as I've heard it won't be a TON of armor, so don't expect dozens and dozens.

But a surcoat would be possible, i think.
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

You guys have the right idea. The important thing to remember is Tilo is definitely NOT a warrior. Therefore an armor has its use but you won't don it because you're about to take on a mighty Sunder Crab.

For example Tilo will never be capable of sprinting on all fours wearing a heavy plate; that's just not who the character is. But in the game it will be possible to gain proficiency in wearing an armor so that the drawbacks are somewhat mitigated.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Seith wrote: But in the game it will be possible to gain proficiency in wearing an armor so that the drawbacks are somewhat mitigated.
Oh now that is new. So we can get skill up's in armor as we use it? or do we get point to allocate to different skillz as we level? or is it timed and the longer you wear an outfit the easier it is to wear, no matter the situation?
Seith

There won't be a typical level-up system where you put XP points in categories. This will most likely work by learning specific skills from books, NPCs, some situations, etc...

There is a limited set of skills (ie: no huge skill tree) which can be acquired during the game. They will all have a direct impact on Tilo's capabilities.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Seith wrote:There won't be a typical level-up system where you put XP points in categories. This will most likely work by learning specific skills from books, NPCs, some situations, etc...

There is a limited set of skills (ie: no huge skill tree) which can be acquired during the game. They will all have a direct impact on Tilo's capabilities.
Interesting. Will they all be required to progress, or will many of them be optional to make progression a little easier? If I wanted to go hardcore, could I skip all possible (to skip) skills and beat the game?
Seith

evilkinggumby wrote:
Seith wrote:There won't be a typical level-up system where you put XP points in categories. This will most likely work by learning specific skills from books, NPCs, some situations, etc...

Interesting. Will they all be required to progress, or will many of them be optional to make progression a little easier? If I wanted to go hardcore, could I skip all possible (to skip) skills and beat the game?
Woops, sorry I never saw your post! So let me answer a year later: yes, those skills are optional. :)
melina675

I think you should ad a customized clothing option in the game, so user can customize their own designs.