Having problems on the forum?

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

This is a simple thread if you have any problems, issues or glitches when accessing the forums.

If anyone is having issues or noticing a problem posting/reading the forums, please reply here. If possible, let David know what web browser you use.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

I myself did have one request:

I haven't seen any real issues, but I did want to ask if it's possible for the forum to utilize cookies? I noticed even when i select it save my info and keep me logged in I never get logged back in. After about an hour I have to manually log in again.

It isn't a huge deal but since I work at home I keep an eye on the forums all day and check in whenever folk chime in so it gets tiresome to keep logging in.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Thanks EvilKing, you are right that was definitely not working correctly. I reset the cookie settings and you should be able to:

- stay logged in for three hours at a stretch
- re-login automatically if you choose that option

Everybody, please let me know ASAP if you encounter any technical issues with the forum or the site. You can post here or send me a private message :D
Boolean

Hello, I am currently having a few issues. I am running Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit).

The website has been loading very slowly for me. All pages take about 8-10 seconds to load before I can see them, and then it takes almost 20 seconds for the page to completely finish loading. I do not have this issue with other websites.

Also, I seem to be getting logged-out very quickly. After 10-20 minutes of inactivity, I will find that I have been signed back out even if I have enabled "remember me".
korin

During forum sign-up, the form asks the user to provide the name of the protagonist's wife as a security question to deter bots. The answer is unexpectedly case sensitive and if submitted with a lowercase first letter, the submission is rejected.