How to fill out a table in a thesis?
Collected and processed information inside cells and columns is placed according to certain rules. For example, a single number is always used for the names of headings and columns. As experts from https://www.paytowritepaper.com/research-paper/ recommend, headings should be capitalized, as opposed to subheadings, which are always lowercase. There is no full stop after headings and subheadings. Their horizontal arrangement is recommended. However, as an exception, if there are reasonable prerequisites, the vertical option can be used. Among other filling rules:
- all horizontal cells are one-line;
- digital readings are centered;
- you cannot use a font size less than 10, it must be clearly distinguishable and understandable;
- individual columns are centered and subscripts are aligned to the left;
- a dash is inserted in the lines that do not contain data;
- when repeating in columns the same text from one word, its duplication is not required. The phrase "The same" is written, followed by quotation marks. This rule is not suitable for repeating numeric values, signs, marks, chemical symbols.
Of course, the information in the tables should be reliable, and not taken out of thin air. It is important that the semantic load is tied to the text of the thesis. Don't forget about the relevance of the data, which is a big problem unless you order for your university assignments. Block diagrams are always drawn as drawings, according to similar standards. These are the main, but not exhaustive, subtleties of filling and formatting tables. Such work requires a painstaking approach, time and attention.