ARE YOUR MARKETING EMAILS ILLEGAL? HOW TO COMPLY (AND THRIVE) WITH THE CAN-SPAM ACT

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Groker

We’ve all been there. Standing in line for a cup of overpriced coffee, reluctantly deciding to click on the little envelope icon on our smartphones because we know exactly what’s coming: a flood of emails with everything from sales on shoes from a store you barely remember visiting to deals on yoga classes that never seem to stop coming in after you innocently attended a studio’s free week trial. After a certain point, you stop deleting these messages altogether.

So, how do marketers make sure that their content lands in your inbox rather than being shunned to the spam folder? The complexities of what seems to be an easy way to reach audiences may surprise you.

In the increasingly digital world we live in, companies rely on tools like email marketing to get the word out about their latest and greatest offerings. It’s a great way to reach audiences directly with multimedia and catered calls to action. And, it allows a business to remain at a customer’s top-of-mind while gaining traction in a calculated way that can be measured and analyzed.
Mar789

I dunno much about that all but I want to learn more to improve my business. What can you recommend me now?
RemmyMoe

As with regular spam, the can spam Act doesn't consider unsolicited email to be spam if it's sent by a business with which you've established a relationship. So if you've provided your email address when signing up for an online service that doesn't involve buying or selling anything (such as Facebook), this law doesn't apply.