Night to day..

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I can't figure this out so I'll have to ask (as I don't know if I'm just missing something or if it's a bug.

How do you get back to daytime? I'm in the courtyard and wanting to talk to Gusto, but in my current game it's night, and I'm not sure if I've just not done something yet, if day/night is on a cycle (seems a long cycle), or if my save is bugged.

I was wondering if sleeping would cycle day/night, but you don't seem to be able to sleep atm.

<edit> ok, there's a cycle, but given how long it took (the courtyard area is a bit too dark at night imo) I'd still like to know if there's a way to accelerate time between night/day.
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

There is, but at the moment it requires you to meet a certain character before you're allowed to sleep on a bed. It's a good point you're bringing up though. Food for thoughts.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

k, cool :)
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

And typically, the next time I loaded up the game, within a few minutes I was at the character you need to speak to before sleeping ;)
Seith

Fluke wrote:And typically, the next time I loaded up the game, within a few minutes I was at the character you need to speak to before sleeping ;)
Hah! There you go... :)
althrioan

I think that the darkness intensity is just right. If you want to see something you need a lamp otherwise these light sources would be unuseful. And it adds intensity when you're being chased by rats in the night and can't see a thing. Glorious moments! :D
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

The problem is that if you emerge from the prison into the courtyard for the first time and it's night, you get a very poor sense of where things are, and it makes any initial exploration of that area very tough.

As for being chased, I get what you're saying (though your lantern/candle range seems extremely limited), but at one point during a chase, my light ran out of oil and I couldn't see anything which, for me, was more annoying than intense.

I had a thought that maybe the day/night cycle would better off being suspended until the first time you actually get outside into the courtyard so that you could at least get a handle on the area.
althrioan

I found that to be very immersive. coming in to the night as a mouse, not knowing where to go or were to hide and suddenly being chased by 4 or 5 guards :D
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

althrioan wrote:I found that to be very immersive. coming in to the night as a mouse, not knowing where to go or were to hide and suddenly being chased by 4 or 5 guards :D
Heheh :) I guess I just prefer to have a good idea of where I can run to and hide first!

I guess the problem is not being able to sleep to change the time of day until you've met a certain character, though I brought that up the other day and Seith said it was something to think about.