Help with compass!

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Steamly

I've looked damn near everywhere and I can't seem to find the compass. I don't have any florins left so I can't ask the blacksmith. Anyone have any ideas?
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

AFAIK, you do actually have to ask Rolo to get information on the compass, as he'll tell you that Kerold has it, and you'll then be able to get it from him.

Outside the frog's cell, did you get the florins from behind the banner? There are also some hidden in the sewers (someone posted a thread the other day showing locations where florins were hidden underwater).

<edit> actually, have you tried dressing in the pirate costume and talking to the frog? That might do it (not sure now if you do actually have to talk to Rolo first).
Steamly

Talking to him as the captain totally worked! Thank you so much! Anyway to navigate the pink fog in the sewers?
Steamly

Nvm figured it out. Now I just need one more sackcloth hood.
Thomas_Huayra

Steamly wrote:Nvm figured it out. Now I just need one more sackcloth hood.
I think one is in the chest by your own original cell and another is... how should I describe this... If you enter the jail from the courtyard, run straight on, then turn left into a long corridor where a rat guard should be walking back and forth. halfway that corridor there's a chest to your left where a sackcloth hood is.
Ebi

Hello Thomas,
I know the two locations you mentioned. Those are the two sackcloth hoods I have already.
But where is the third one?
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I'll jump in..

Sackcloth Hood 1 (jail, outside Tilo's cell)
The 1st sackcloth hood is in the first chest of the game as Tilo escapes from his cell.

Sackcloth Hood 2 (jail, recreation room)
The 2nd sackcloth hood is in the recreation room just before the begging door. Take the cupboard key from the table drawer and use it to unlock the cupboard at the far end of the room.

Sackcloth Hood 3 (jail, barrel room area corridor)
The 3rd sackcloth hood is shortly after the silent door, in the chest halfway along the corridor that runs just above the barrel room.
Ebi

Thanks for the quick response!
But there's a problem. No. 2, the cupboard near the barrels in the recreation room next to the begging door is not shown as cupboard!
I remember, that it was shown as "locked" in the early minutes of the game, but meantime it isn't shown as cupboard any longer. It seems to be a bug.
Ebi

As I made a savegame to log the error, and checked it before sending, it suddenly worked to access the cupboard (the word "cupbord" is shown).
But before that strange spontaneous cure I saved the game several times on other places and the bug still occured. I can't imagine, but does it make a difference, where I saved the game?
Ebi

Could anyone reproduce that error?
fakenina

Hi Ebi,

Let me check it out, and see if I can reproduce it.

FN
Ebi

It was late in the game. I had finished all other quests, which were possible without completing that one.