[Solved] Missing a quest!

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Kellborn

Hey,

Amazing game, and I'm itching to get everything I can possibly do completed; on that note, I'm currently stuck on 24/26 quests, and can't for the life of me find any other quests. I'm assuming I only need one more, because the other one I've already got in my quest log but can't be finished because it's early access (it's the last one you get from Silas, to take the elevator down).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what quest this could be? Does Faustus have another quest other than the purple mushroom one? I vaguely remember him telling me to come back later, but I've tried to come back later to no avail.

I've discovered all five NPC's, and have extensively searched their dialogue (during day & night) in an attempt to find this last quest. Does anyone have any idea at all which quest I could be missing?

Edit: quest I was missing was the one to burn 14 purple banners around the jail; to do so, equip your candleholder and approach a purple banner.
Last edited by Kellborn on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnGreenArt

Did you burn the purple banners? I think that one only shows up after you've burned one of them, so you won't know about it until you've already started it.

I think somewhere (maybe here or in the Steam forums) someone's made a list of all the quests.
Kellborn

JohnGreenArt wrote:Did you burn the purple banners? I think that one only shows up after you've burned one of them, so you won't know about it until you've already started it.

I think somewhere (maybe here or in the Steam forums) someone's made a list of all the quests.
Oh. Yeah, that was the one I was missing (assuming you can only do 25/26 at this stage of the game). Thanks!
JohnGreenArt

Maybe the "burn the banners" quest could have a better hint to get started...

At the very beginning of the game I tried burning a banner using the flint that was already in my inventory. I didn't think to try using a candle. I didn't find out of the quest until another player mentioned it.

Maybe the quest can start by having Tilo accidentally burn a banner somehow... or maybe an NPC says something like "I hate the Red Paw! May their banners burn to ash!"...

But that said, I do like that there are some "hidden" quests that the game won't tell you about automatically.

And yes, you can only complete 25 out of 26 quests, since the last quest continues past where the currently playable game ends.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

JohnGreenArt wrote:But that said, I do like that there are some "hidden" quests that the game won't tell you about automatically.
I'd agree with this - I like that not everything is telegraphed and just handed to you, and that there are things left to discover on your own. If it was up to me, I'd get rid of the ability to buy hints from Rolo as well :twisted:
althrioan

Ah, that is a quest which I am missing too :D I wondered why the banners had an option to interact but Tilo didn't do anything - but I hadn't used my candle ^^

Yep, it's really great that not everything is force fed to you.
Kellborn

I agree, one of my favourite games ever - Dark Souls - is my favourite precisely because of the exploration & discovery aspect of it. Finding a shortcut, a "quest", or hidden stuff is super thrilling in my opinion.