Ghost of A Tale Blog Posts

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

evilkinggumby wrote:I just hope he doesn't get burned out or abandons it because it's taking too long :)
No risk of that ever happening! If if feel a little burned out once in a blue moon I just take one or two days off and come back with a replenished enthusiasm.

Basically it's the secret to bringing any long-haul effort to fruition; choose something that is very close to your heart. Not just some cool idea or flashy stuff. Because during the process there WILL be times where you feel tired and doubts about the validity of the whole enterprise may creep in the back of your mind.

And it is in those very moments that your motivation may vanish to never come back IF the project was not truly important to you in the first place.

In my case Ghost of a Tale is something I've carried in me for a very long time. Since the time I started playing a new game called "Doom". My mind was blown because beyond what was there I realized the sheer potential of video-games as an immersive experience.

I just took a very long detour making movies and learning my craft with some of the best mentors in the world without ever losing from sight the technological progress games were accomplishing in parallel.

Believe me when I say that making Ghost of a Tale is a kid's dream come true. I'll never give that up because it is a part of me.

Will it take more time than I had anticipated? Maybe. But it will get done in the end. And I want to be happy and proud of the result. And I certainly hope that you guys will be as well!

Let me join David in wishing a Merry Christmas to all the forum's members! :)
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Seith wrote:Basically it's the secret to bringing any long-haul effort to fruition; choose something that is very close to your heart. Not just some cool idea or flashy stuff. Because during the process there WILL be times where you feel tired and doubts about the validity of the whole enterprise may creep in the back of your mind.
I think thats one of the most important, amazing things to point out. I've started a number of projects based on having a kool idea, but they usually stalled eventually. I think it was because of what you said, I was not passionate and it was not as close to my heart.

That gives me some food for thought to chew on for a while. I may need to go back to one of my projects I've returned to over and over and really ask myself if it's needing completion. :)

I am glad you are so determined and in love with this work. We're all eager to see the game, but I am betting everyone is more than willing to wait and see it done right and complete, then done fast and sloppy. :) Just try to get it out there before I turn 80 and develop alzheimers hehehe...

(that gives you 40+ years to go!)

Happy Holidays to you too!
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

evilkinggumby wrote: I am glad you are so determined and in love with this work. We're all eager to see the game, but I am betting everyone is more than willing to wait and see it done right and complete, then done fast and sloppy. :) Just try to get it out there before I turn 80 and develop alzheimers hehehe...

(that gives you 40+ years to go!)

Happy Holidays to you too!

Ghost of a Tale Forever! :P

Na, I agree, take all the time you can afford. The screenies look absolutely amazing and I still can't believe that you almost single-handedly achieved this. Your boldness should be a beacon for all of us, holding back on realising our soaring dreams. I will now go and start that rockstar career! Roadie, BRING ME MY GUITAR!

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and goat some rest ;)