My version of the papercraft Tilo

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
ULNSticky

...hi everyone... first I would like to say congratulations to all of the developers of this game and what a masterpiece of a game it is... I'm 64 years old and have played many... MANY games before now and this game ranks in the top 5 for me as one of my favourites as far as characters go for me... Tilo is magnificent... the artwork and settings are like running around in a painting masterpiece for me... well done to all that are creating this wonderous game... and... there is more to come!... woohoo!... :D ...

...I have never attempted to do a papercraft model of anything in my life but I saw the printable Tilo model in the other thread and decided to give it a go even though my eyesight and fingers are not as good as they used to be lol!... but!... I had a go at it anyway...

...after a couple of earlier attempts at making it with plain paper/glossy paper and matt paper I decided to give canvass paper a go in order to make my Tilo... it worked perfectly for me... I had trouble making the bell and my sweet wife told me that she had a bell off a Christmas ornament that was the exact replica of the one in the Tilo artwork that I was using as a reference... and it was!... well that inspired me to go a few more steps forward with my model...I added a real button for his hood... the tip of a chopstick for Tilo's teeth and carved to shape... a real rope belt and strap for his bag and...(I was having immense trouble in making Tilo's tail)... soooooo... I made his tail out of a chopstick that was bent into shape in boiling water to my liking... I used watercolour pencils to colour the tail and also to 'touch up' Tilo in the finishing stages...

...anyhow... it was my first ever attempt at something like this with using paper to make a model (canvass paper to be more precise) so I hope that you all like it... it was such a fun project for me... this wonderful game just keeps on giving doesn't it?... so here is my Tilo...
My Tilo 1.jpg
My Tilo 1.jpg (48.72 KiB) Viewed 22405 times
My Tilo 2.jpg
My Tilo 2.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 22405 times
My Tilo 3.jpg
My Tilo 3.jpg (46.92 KiB) Viewed 22405 times
...I do have more images but the forum limit is 3 images per post so I'll post some more in my next post... I do hope that you like them... cheers.
ULNSticky

...here are some more images of my Tilo to show you him from more angles plus an image of the parts that I added to him and what materials I added to him inside to 'pad him out' so that he holds his shape perfectly and also how I made him to be able to stand the way that I wanted him to... (his legs kept buckling from the weight of his body and head for me)... in my next post I'll show you Tilo in some settings in my garden... (I had a massive touch of whimsy in putting Tilo into various scenarios around my garden lol!)... so here is Tilo again... cheers.
My Tilo 4.jpg
My Tilo 4.jpg (48.78 KiB) Viewed 22403 times
TILO'S PARTS LIST.jpg
TILO'S PARTS LIST.jpg (140.52 KiB) Viewed 22403 times
ULNSticky

...and now Tilo in some scenarios.... there are quite a few of them so please tolerate my indulgence :roll: :) :D ... cheers.
...oh!.. hello!...
...oh!.. hello!...
5.jpg (166.82 KiB) Viewed 22402 times
...lunch time guys...
...lunch time guys...
1.jpg (176.82 KiB) Viewed 22402 times
...um... where am I?...
...um... where am I?...
13.jpg (151.37 KiB) Viewed 22402 times
ULNSticky

...a few more... (are you bored yet?)... lol!... I have taken more scenarios but will not post anymore after this because I'm trying to keep my over indulgence in check but if you do want to see more just ask lol!... I hope that you have liked my little Tilo... cheers.
...well what do you know... a little Mouse in a boot...
...well what do you know... a little Mouse in a boot...
4.jpg (146.74 KiB) Viewed 22401 times
...so many little flowers!...
...so many little flowers!...
11.jpg (206.88 KiB) Viewed 22401 times
...look at me!... look at me!... I'm in a tree!...
...look at me!... look at me!... I'm in a tree!...
7.jpg (127.75 KiB) Viewed 22401 times
Boolean

Wonderfully done! It looks lovely.
ULNSticky

Boolean wrote:Wonderfully done! It looks lovely.
...oh wow Boolean... I've seen your magnificent artwork within these forums... that's high praise for me indeed!... thankyou for the kind words my friend... cheers.
ULNSticky

...just a little question... is there a papercraft model of any of the rat guards on the same scale as Tilo available by any chance?... either now or in the potential future... they would be great standing side by side together I imagine... cheers. :)
fakenina

@ULNSticky This looks so fantastic! I love what you've done to smooth and refine the design. Could we post some of the photos on Twitter and Facebook?

We are planning for more papercraft patterns (at the same scale as Tilo) so look out for that soon...
ULNSticky

FakeNina wrote:@ULNSticky This looks so fantastic! I love what you've done to smooth and refine the design. Could we post some of the photos on Twitter and Facebook?

We are planning for more papercraft patterns (at the same scale as Tilo) so look out for that soon...
...why thankyou very much FakeNina... I appreciate your kind words... and yes by all means post any or all of them that you wish to anywhere that you please... I'm so glad that you like them enough to do so... and that's such great news about some potential future papercraft plans... my Tilo looks lonely standing on his own lol!... I can't wait to make them... cheers. :D