*NEWSFLASH* A new direction for GOAT - NOW A SHOOTER

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

*NEWSFLASH*

Seith, in his infinite wisdom, has decided that 'Ghost of a Tale' will become a modern third person shooter. It will now be called 'Ghost Soldier's Tale".

When asked about the radical change in the game's emphasis, Seith simply stated: "I'm just making what the market wants".

He also said Ghost Soldier's Tale will feature "a lot of guns, really, a huge amount of guns". In addition, though he did not specifically mention them, we believe that very large explosions will also be a significant part of the game.

On his Twitter account, Seith released this image of the heavily-armed main character: https://twitter.com/SeithCG/status/4509 ... 49/photo/1
JeremiahPena
'Ghost of a Tale' Composer
'Ghost of a Tale' Composer

As an added bonus, I have put up a snippet of the new Ghost Soldier's Tale theme song, complete with electric lute! :twisted: Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/jeremiahpena/gho ... tale-theme
I compose the music for Ghost of a Tale. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeremiahpena
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

ok love the pic AND the music.. I love this idea. but I know it can't be real.. no mention of multiplayer maps or microtransactions!!!

I'd love to see this as an easter egg bonus boss fight.. battle a lost warrior from a long forgotten age to the death...

(also, love the UI nod from borderlands. great game!)
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

I must say, I, as an original backer, am very disappointed in the direction this game has taken. Seith says big explosions and big guns will now be a crucial part of gameplay!? Seriously!?

I mean, Seith must have completely lost his touch!!! He says he now just wants to do what the marked wants. Guns and explosions are not what the marked wants!!!
Guns and explosions are so retro! As this (totally accidentially leaked pre-alpha build) picture of Battlefield 5 is showing:

http://imgur.com/b4JS5qJ

People want EMOTION! Write that behind your big silky ears, Fluffy!

P.S. Would I be a terrible person when I said I dearly liked the metaldrums-e-guitar version of the trailer theme? Because I do!
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Alright, alright by popular demand I will revert momentarily the game's direction to the one I mentioned during the campaign. But you people don't know what you're missing! Explosions everywhere! A modern battlefield populated by blood-thirsty mice!

The world needs more third-person shooters! But no, we'll just get a charming game with a mousy minstrel instead. What a pity...

(And by the way that awesome Batttlefield 5 concept art was only supposed to be released after I announced I just sold the Ghost of a Tale franchise to EA)
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Seith wrote: The world needs more third-person shooters! But no, we'll just get a charming game with a mousy minstrel instead. What a pity...

And what about EMOTIONS? Who thinks about EMOTIONS?! A game needs EMOTIONS!

david

KwisatzHaderach wrote:And what about EMOTIONS? Who thinks about EMOTIONS?! A game needs EMOTIONS!
And what about GUNZ? Who thinks about 'SPLOSIONS?! A game needs GUNZ and 'SPLOSIONS!
JeremiahPena wrote:complete with electric lute! :twisted:
An electric lute, wonderful :D

Joking aside, that piece of music really, really suits Ghost Soldier's Tale...brilliant music, for (what would have been) a superb game.
Seith wrote:A modern battlefield populated by blood-thirsty mice! ...after I just sold the Ghost of a Tale franchise to EA)
Darn you Seith for going back to the original GOAT premise. EA would have snapped up a Ghost Soldiers Tale... for a bazillion dollars... and I'd be rich, wearing a monocle, dressed in a plush smoking jacket and typing this post from the deck of my personal airship (wouldn't living in a blimp, hovering over the city, be fun?).
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

ok now i want to see a next game for GoaT be on a island of steampunk tech mice that live separate from the folk on periclave and it's surrounding lands.. still retro and similarly dark ages, but with some minor steampunk machina. lol. seeing the hero mouse in a victorian suit and weilding a steam powered hammer to bash rogue undead (borg like) steambots and solve a mystery.. oh the fun...

and it could have guns.. and weird contraptions..and grenades... and flying machines!