Kitchens For Sale UK

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:45 pm

How flattering!

Your kitchens are probably the best I have ever used and I would just like to say how proud I am to be a member of the British Royal Kitchen Society.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:42 am

@Kwisatz... Thank you for endorsing this high quality kitchen supplier. We are honored to have you - a distinguished member of the British Royal Kitchen Society - here on the forum. Do you and the Queen of England cook together often? :mrgreen:

@Bolot2... Your flattering words about our forum are exceedingly generous. I'm sure your company is very ethical and your products are awesome. The fact that Kwisatz and Queen of England use your kitchens is most impressive! :D I'm sure if our forum members are ever buying a kitchen - in central England - they will enthusiastically support you.

-------

PS. I'm just brainstorming here, of course, but it may help to know that Seith is a mixture of Scrooge, Mr Burns, Mr Krabs, Gargamel, Cruella DeVille, Skeletor and Snidely Whiplash. He'd jump at the opportunity to sell out the creation that he has been working on for a decade - for a suitable price. So would Sheffield Kitchens would consider a sponsorship deal for Ghost of a Tale?
Perhaps:
+ Tilo, the minstrel musician mouse, could have tattoos, garments and especially hats (he loves hats) promoting your products?
+ In the GOAT dungeons that we have seen photos of, there could be a beautiful virtual Sheffield kitchen in-game?

-------

PPS. I think forum members EvilKingGumby and Solledrache actually know how to cook, so perhaps send them a PM? I'm sure they'd be eager to learn more.
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:58 am

@Bolot2: How nice of you! By the way, would you mind terribly if we make a little post in your Kitchen forums about Ghost of a Tale without asking you first? Oh, wait...

All joking aside I can reveal that there will actually BE a kitchen featured in GoaT. Albeit a rather modest one...
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 am

yay for kitchens! :) we do cook (me and Solledrache) and we love when there's cooking as a feature in games. If Goat had a simple way to make stuff from 'found' fruit and food in a kitchen or at a campfire that'd be totally amazing.

Or heck if once every few days (game time) you got to play Tilo's mum in a mouse kitchen back home prepping a lunch for Tilo, then sending it via carrier Pigeon to drop off wherever you were (outdoors at least) that'd be fun too. Could have it scripted at very specific points in the game (like after a particularly hard boss fight) when you knew Tilo was camping outside and would see/find the bundle quickly. Then you could have her giving a running dialogue about Tilo (great way to fill in backstory or characterisation) and also plot what mum made and choose items to recover health/stamina or boost speed/stealth/climbing or something. I'd love to see what "cooking music" Jeremiah might do up. :) heheh. And for a particularly high score (or well, getting through a boss fight or area unscathed or well skilled) she could leave a lil something extra in there for fun. Like a special hat or a picture of her to cheer Tilo up. :) hehehe.

ok that's likely too much (and too sentimental for most folk). But I'd love it.

I'll go back to taunting the forum spammers.. hehehe...
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Thu May 01, 2014 1:52 am

evilkinggumby wrote:
Or heck if once every few days (game time) you got to play Tilo's mum in a mouse kitchen back home prepping a lunch for Tilo, then sending it via carrier Pigeon to drop off wherever you were (outdoors at least) that'd be fun too.
lol, I can picture her chatting to a prosecco-drinking friend through the hatch while prepping Tilo's Permanent Intelligence +1 lunch: "and with all these gold coins Tilo is sending me from abroad, I could finally afford that UK kitchen and let me tell you, it is just adoooorable, the oven has 200 different programms, automated heat convection surveillance system, customizable BBQ afterburner...".

This thread should be moved to Ideas and Suggestions. Next time you post, bolot2, please do make sure to pick the right subforum. You're still the best and proudest spam-bot that I have ever encountered though!
david

Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 am

@EvilKing and Kwisatz... Bolot2 should be nominated for spam bot of the year. We've all been talking about kitchens :mrgreen:

Yeah, Tilo's mum (and friends) in the kitchen could be a series of hilariously offbeat mini-games... you could have a lot of fun with that concept!

Here's a link to a cooking game that you and Solledrache might enjoy if you haven't seen it already. http://gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGalindo ... r_Form.php
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Fri May 09, 2014 11:05 am

david wrote:Yeah, Tilo's mum (and friends) in the kitchen could be a series of hilariously offbeat mini-games... you could have a lot of fun with that concept!

LOL well having it be his mum and friends would be better, but it is also that many more resources that'd need to be created and I doubt it'd make it into the final build for GoaT this time around. Heck just creating his mum would potentially be a big undertaking (read: hassle).

Now if we did get that and it was even created into a mini-game.. that'd be hella fun. Like having her list off (in her mind) what ingredients she needs for making a meal and having to search around the kitchen to find them quickly. Or onb the other side, search around and grab what ingrediants you can find and then when the time is up, be given the possibilites for the meal based on the ingrediants. The more the player mastered the game, the quicker they could do this as they learn what cabinets hold what stuff. Newbies might only manage enough to make Honeysuckle-Buckwheat pancakes and Jam. Advanced players can whip together fresh cheese pastry, seasoned smoked cheese and prosciutto sandwiches and a bottle of Mulberry Lemonade. :) The more diverse and robust the meal, the better the benefits for the next phase of the story. :)

And when i think of a mother's love going into a meal for their child out in the wilderness adventuring... it really brings a warm happy feeling to what could be a pretty bleak, challenging story.

But again.. I don't expect to see this implemented, it's adding a TON of work that I am sure Seith doesn't need.. hehehe.

david

Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 am

evilkinggumby wrote: But again.. I don't expect to see this implemented, it's adding a TON of work that I am sure Seith doesn't need
Yeah, unfortunately that's very probably true, though it is fun to throw ideas around.

What is quite unusual though in Seith's case, from his animation background, is that he is probably so skilled in building, rigging, skinning and animating characters that making a new bunch of mice would be - relatively - trivial to him, compared to most mortals. Especially because he could probably just modify Tilo, instead of starting each from scratch.

The time-consuming element would probably be designing, (especially) programming and playtesting the mini-games' gameplay... to ensure it was fun and satisfying for players. Which would be achievable of course, but as you say would likely be a distraction from the main project.

But it is nice to dream and let those creative juices loose... imagine Tilo's mum and her lady friends having ridiculous, fun little challenges and contests in the kitchen :D