Mystery photograph

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:30 am

We are greatly puzzled by this photograph of a sinister-looking individual wearing a partially completed disguise.

There is a chinchilla in the background, wearing night-vision goggles, who is probably an accomplice.

Can you help us solve this mystery?

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:54 am

Should we also mention the leg sticking out of the side, implying someone else is an accomplice? :)

I don't have many good guesses, but I think this was the result of a night of drinking after a local Convention. :) lol
david

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 pm

We believe that the third individual was helping build the disguise, and that alcohol wasn't involved ;)

Mmmm "convention"... that's an interesting observation... perhaps there is a convention coming up where a rodent disguise might be useful?
david

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:33 am

mmm... some more clues! :mrgreen:

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 am

you are cosplaying as howard the duck at the con!

I dunno my best guess would be you will actually be dressed as Tilo at the gamecon.. which is AWESOME. :) i am so sorry i am not able to go... dangit.
david

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 am

evilkinggumby wrote:I dunno my best guess would be you will actually be dressed as Tilo at the gamecon.. which is AWESOME. :) i am so sorry i am not able to go... dangit.
Correct! I'll be at Gamescom as Tilo! :mrgreen:

It would be very cool if you could attend, but of course it is a heck of a long trip from the US. Anyway, we'll Skype with you! ;)

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 am

OMG that is such a great costume!! holy crap... i need a pick of you posing in that with a hockey stick..lol

Thats going to be such fun. I hope you get to keep that after the show or for future ones. it'd be great to stuff and mount it upright for posterity too. :)

I swear.. walking around dressed like that, I am sure you will help draw attention to the booth and get tons of people checking it out! Brilliant! Plus it is totally a chick magnet ;)

Gab_dC
Original backer
Original backer

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:24 am

Tilo's looking good! A bit taller than I imagined ;) Cannot wait for Gamescom! :D
david

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 am

@EvilKing... If I come across a hockey stick in Germany I'll be sure to capture a pic. Hockey is unheard of in Thailand ;) .... and Tilo is definitely huggable! (nice photoshop! is that wonder woman?) :mrgreen:

As to what Seith does with the costume after gamescom, I bet he hasn't had time to think about it, as say hopefully for other events and/or as a contest prize, a home/office memento... suggestions welcome!

@GabDC... thank you so much and see you at the event! Definitely, absolutely come and take a photo with me/Tilo :D

Hopefully a (more than) two-meter Tilo will attract crowds to enjoy the GOAT demo!

To help him visualize our exhibition space, Seith did a quick mockup of our booth in Maya. You might find it interesting... here it is!

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:00 am

wow thats much bigger than I expected and with 2 demo stations running the game on the laptop AND big ol monitors for people to see.. AWESOME!! it's going to be a great con and I hope you gets TONS of attention. I wouldn't be surprised if you guiys end up being one of the biggest draws so people can finally see the alpha in motion and try it out. :)

I really wish I could have gone, the guys making the Asylum game (which I also backed on Kickstarter) are going to be there and Krillbite, the creators of Among The Sleep. Such a great convention. If you get the chance to roam, David, grab me some swag! :) lol