Gamescom 2014

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:00 am

Hi folks, things are really hectic as we assemble our stand and get the demo running. But I took a photo of one of the exhibition hall entrances... this place is huge, literally several buildings! :shock:

And also a pic of the team (Cyrille, Seith and Stephane) setting up the stand, which should be mostly done by this evening.

Seith will probably make a blog post this evening or tomorrow, with the video trailer... which I think you have already seen ;)
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:36 am

wow samsung LED tv's.. ya'll went all out. :) very kool.

hope it goes well. i am so excited for you. Seith has me on his skype list so if he logs into it from the show i may be able to check it out. i guess mostly i'll depend on time zones and when they'll be set up and on the floor.

kick ass guys!
david

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Lord Mouse

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:33 pm

O MY GOOOOOOOOOD I just saw the new trailer from gamescom and this game looks even more awesome :) everything is so damn well thought I love the perspective from the mouse point of view everything just seems so huge and deadly (like a simple crab hahaha) I just hope you'll get more coverage from gaming website and the community. I've already seen an article on pcgamer.com and I plan on spreading the words. Everything looks so damn fun and original :) I just can't wait to see what you'll be doing with the story and gameplay mechanics (the infiltration part was really well done) I looooooooooooooooooove his tiny little armor at the end keep up the good work THIS GAME NEEDS TO BE SEEN BY EVERY SINGLE GAMERS !!!!!
david

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 pm

@LordMouse... terrific to hear from you, and hopefully our game will get more coverage as it comes closer to completion. Thank you for your generous offer to help spread the word! :mrgreen:

Here is a link to that nice PCGamer article that you mention:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/16/ghost ... -the-crab/

...and another recent news article on
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ghost ... mouse.aspx
david

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:05 am

Seith chats with two young gentlemen, one has already started game developing using Unity 3d (he's 11 years old!) :mrgreen:

Fonzman

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:52 am

Played the demo at your booth. Just couldn't stop until I had played it all through!

Although this was the first time I have heard about the game, I was at once in love with it! Such a great and nice experiance (in a time where most games focus on zombies or mutants)!

Where can I preorder it! I'd do it right away :)

Keep up the good work! I am looking forward to the release!
david

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:46 am

@fonzman... delighted that you joined us! Here on the website home page and forum is the best place to get news about ways you can get to play GOAT as soon as possible ;)

...more general GOAT news:
http://www.trueachievements.com/n17917/ ... ox-one.htm

...and a review of the demo on gamekult.com (though its in French):
http://www.gamekult.com/actu/gamescom-g ... 36939.html

This will give you guys an idea of the size of the event, the first shows the crowds at one of the four entrances to a bunch of connected buildings, some with two (and maybe more) floors ... I am astounded by the scale of Gamescom, it was -literally- 8 times bigger than I expected :shock:

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:52 am

Wow that really is huge. So many people visiting. SO this was not just a press event, anyone who wanted to go could get tickets? How many displays/presenters/booths were scattered around the event? looks like a mad house :)
david

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 am

@EvilKing... yes, the press and special ticket holders were on the first day, and the remaining four days were open to the public. Our location was quite busy, though not a total madhouse as the photos would suggest... several (i'm not sure, maybe 10) multi-level buildings spread the vast number of gamers into much more maneagable numbers. It was also a maze of lifts, escalators and connecting corridors. I'm not kidding, a few times, we all got lost together trying to find our way back to where we parked our team car :lol:

This mashable.com article puts the GOAT video in its selection of '11 Great Game Trailers That Debuted At Gamescom', standing with immense-budget titles Assassins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 and notable indie titles :shock:

http://mashable.com/2014/08/12/gamescom-new-trailers