Rough estimation of complete release?

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Suffragium

Hey y'all. First of all, I'd like to apologize beforehand if I'm just being too dumb to see the release date in huge text somewhere!

Either way, on we go! Is there any rough estimation of when the game will be available to buy on the site and (possibly) Steam? Other than 2015. :lol:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

All I have heard was that it was going to hit this year, as Seith said he doesn't want this game to sit in dev limbo for too long and feel like vaporware. I suspect we'll see it 3rd or 4th quarter 2015 but nothing has been officially announced that I have seen. I am sure when Seith is at a point when he feels the game is solid and only needs a few beta tests and bug fixes he'll give an more solid date as an announcement via his blog.

It has been a long time coming so I am psyched to see what he says!
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

It's a good question and indeed nothing has been officially announced yet. I'm beginning to get a better visibility on this though. So as EvilGumby said I will post an update about it as soon as I'm sure it's fairly accurate.

I know there is a long-held tradition (with studios big and small) of announcing and then changing the release date several times but if I can avoid being a statistic... :)
TNoyce

It's pretty common for release dates to drift. Very few games appear when they were originally scheduled.

But yes, it would obviously be a good thing to not be in that category if you can.. :)
psxpetey

good because games that continually change dates of release rarely get a good fanbase. its totally true like you say ill be hyped no matter what though but the sooner the better
Suffragium

psxpetey wrote:good because games that continually change dates of release rarely get a good fanbase. its totally true like you say ill be hyped no matter what though but the sooner the better
I'm pretty sure a release in 2016 is fairly certain, having in mind the progress he has shown us on the blog. I don't believe the fanbase would deteriorate due to the lack of a release date. Perhaps simmer down a bit, but I myself am as hyped as I was a year ago.
psxpetey

Suffragium wrote:
psxpetey wrote:good because games that continually change dates of release rarely get a good fanbase. its totally true like you say ill be hyped no matter what though but the sooner the better
I'm pretty sure a release in 2016 is fairly certain, having in mind the progress he has shown us on the blog. I don't believe the fanbase would deteriorate due to the lack of a release date. Perhaps simmer down a bit, but I myself am as hyped as I was a year ago.
Simmer down lol? but im not mad. I just said that because there is this one awesome horror game on steam which has been in development since 2011 or 2012 and every year they just move the date ahead one year. Most of the hype has died off and I definitely wouldnt want that to happen to this game! Given how active the developer is and the care and quality going into this like you say it will be just fine :D. I mean he has personally emailed me back and tweeted me WHAT AN AWESOME DUDE. Cheers dude and i'm not mad although if it takes till 2018 I may become a bit miffed:P. JK but seriously cannot wait!
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

yeah it is a slow ride to the end of this game's development but it's been a beautiful one. I'd say the most you can fault Seith on so far is not accepting anything less than AWESOME when it comes to this game. no shortcuts, no cheesy gimmicks, no lackluster effects, visuals, music, programming, animation, etc etc etc. He has set the bar fairly high and keeps meeting or exceeding it and so the game may not fully hit the shelves for some time, but when it does, it should BREAK the shelves from it's sense of awesome. :)

And I am not being paid to say this.. haha... I'm just a fan, like you.
psxpetey

evilkinggumby wrote:yeah it is a slow ride to the end of this game's development but it's been a beautiful one. I'd say the most you can fault Seith on so far is not accepting anything less than AWESOME when it comes to this game. no shortcuts, no cheesy gimmicks, no lackluster effects, visuals, music, programming, animation, etc etc etc. He has set the bar fairly high and keeps meeting or exceeding it and so the game may not fully hit the shelves for some time, but when it does, it should BREAK the shelves from it's sense of awesome. :)

And I am not being paid to say this.. haha... I'm just a fan, like you.
Ya that's something i've noticed and part of the reason i'm excited, no cheesy effects which I like (PUN INTENDED) haha. I would rather have a game of high quality like this one than a triple a massively oversold over advertised broken game like developers love to pump out now. I mean what ever happened to pride in your work? Over the course of time that I have been looking up every scrap of info I could read on this game that is one thing I have noticed Seith and his whole team take a MASSIVE amount of pride in their work and will not release anything but the best. I love looking at the progress and seeing how developing is coming a long! The mousegaurd signature you have there that looks familiar may I ask what it is from?
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

psxpetey wrote: The mousegaurd signature you have there that looks familiar may I ask what it is from?
Mouseguard is a series of graphic novels, I think my signature is one of the covers. :)
psxpetey

evilkinggumby wrote:
psxpetey wrote: The mousegaurd signature you have there that looks familiar may I ask what it is from?
Mouseguard is a series of graphic novels, I think my signature is one of the covers. :)
it is indeed i'm reading it now I also found that you can make papercraft mouse of the series just like TILO did you suggest papercraft tilo:O?
Seith

psxpetey wrote:
evilkinggumby wrote:
it is indeed i'm reading it now I also found that you can make papercraft mouse of the series just like TILO did you suggest papercraft tilo:O?
Nope, I can confirm that the idea came directly from Paul because he did the same thing with his comics (Carbon Grey) characters during their crowdfunding campaign.