[7.91] Framerate defaults to 30fps on loading

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I downloaded the new update and started a new game, graphical settings at max with it set to 60fps and vsync enabled. Everything seemed fine.

However, if I now reload the game and continue, the framerate is capped at 30fps. If I go in to the graphical settings and then come back out of them (without even altering any options), the framerate is restored to 60fps. This happens now each time I reload the game.
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

Hi and happy to see you there again Fluke !

Very strange glitch, the options are apply on the fly, we will look at that, thank you for the report !
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Hey :)

Yeah, I still lurk around, lol, mainly with the occasional post on the Steam forums when someone has got stuck!

I have a genuine soft spot for GoaT, and it's great to see it is still getting updates/new things added in.
JohnnyGui

Fluke wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:28 am Hey :)

Yeah, I still lurk around, lol, mainly with the occasional post on the Steam forums when someone has got stuck!

I have a genuine soft spot for GoaT, and it's great to see it is still getting updates/new things added in.
I have the same problem on the latest version as well. I have FPS locked to 120 and vsync OFF. Every time I start up the game and continue my save, the game runs at 30 fps and I'd have to go back to the Video settings to get back the original fps.
Folgore_202

Same here, it doesn't bother me that much (I had a garbage computer for ages, and learnt how to play with 12fps) but it's rather strange, does the game only use one core? Or is there an installed fps cap?
JohnnyGui

Folgore_202 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:19 am Same here, it doesn't bother me that much (I had a garbage computer for ages, and learnt how to play with 12fps) but it's rather strange, does the game only use one core? Or is there an installed fps cap?
Hey, I sent you a PM regarding some questions. Waiting for your reply.