Camera Issues on Startup

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
icicleteeth

Hi all! I bought Ghost of a Tale around a month ago but only very recently got the chance to play it, though have run into some issues with the camera upon starting the game. The camera would begin zoomed in very close to the character, and there didn't seem to be a way to zoom it out (the mousewheel didn't seem to do this, though I apologize if there is a way and I missed it!) I went into the game blind so I wasn't sure if this was actually intended, though I realized one minute through watching a Let's Play that this was indeed not normal. (Pics below vary between 1920x1080 Windowed and Fullscreen as I tried experimenting if either option fixed this, though I ran into the issue with both)

The game upon startup:

Looking around to the red rose:

Moving the camera some more:

After running and jumping for a bit I was able to open what I think was a door, though upon opening it the camera zoomed further and flipped upside down:

I do want to point out that the windowed screenshot was taken before I had realized I hadn't updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version, so I did so hoping that would fix the issue, but sadly it did not, as the Fullscreen shots were taken post driver update.

I then wondered if validating the files through Steam would help, but this did not fix the issue (screenshot of this + Build ID. Have also attached .txt of dxdiag)

I have tried everything from rebooting in Windowed/Fullscreen, adjusting graphical settings, Vsync, etc but have no had much luck. Would anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot the issue? Any feedback would be very much appreciated!
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(73.81 KiB) Downloaded 1046 times
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

It looks like something is wrong with your preferences.
You can reset your preferences to restore it to its default value by clicking on:
.\Steam\steamapps\common\Ghost of a Tale\GoaT_ClearPreferences.cmd
tommyshelby

The camera issue is not only happening with you but the issue is also happening with most of the users as they are facing the problem and it needs to be fixed on the start up.