Version 1.47 on openSUSE Linux via WINE

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
eisfuchs
Original backer
Original backer

Hi guys! Great to see the game finally working and ready to test :)

I just came across a small issue in the menu. Click "Credits", then move the mouse around. You will still hear the menu sound effects where the entries used to be. Clicking one of the now invisible entry leads to various game malfunctions (cursor disappears, no way to exit the credits, etc.)

Seems like a similar issue shows up with all of the inventory/quests popups. The items underneath the popups are still active and react to mouse movements, but in this case, no clicking works, so nothing breaks.

More from me when/if I run into anything else :)

Cheers!
Eisfuchs
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

oO and the game runs on Wine ?

We do not expected that ! Thanks for your feedback !

We will fix that credits behaviour.
eisfuchs
Original backer
Original backer

It runs really well, actually. I don't have dynamic shadows as it seems, but I assume that's a DX11 or higher thing.

A small issue with the dialog choice UI. When I move the mouse from the top, where the character speech comes up down to the choices, sometimes the top choice doesn't light up, and I have to move the mouse to the next one and back again to make it work.

Also, several items (rings in the wall, tables on the floor) are hovering or standing away from the wall. Might that be a tesselation issue? Because I assume that WINE does not really support that kind of thing.
cosmogonies

Thanks !
We narrow the dialog choice issue^^.

Yes, I think you may not have the tesselation so the topology of the locations will be ... very chaotic !
eisfuchs
Original backer
Original backer

There is something weird going on with the bucket in the chamber next to the sleeping rat guard right at the beginning. I picked it up and carried it back to the frog pirate chamber, because I thought maybe I could put water in it. So I jumped into the puddle while holding the bucket. Then I dropped the bucket into the water. I picked it up again, and now Tilo is holding it like he is sticking out of the bucket. I jumped out of the water (doesn't happen all the time, I tried it a few times) and now Tilo seems to still hold the bucket, but the bucket floats far away from him and into the floor. When I set it down, it disappeared. I couldn't even load the save before that, because even though the bucket was back at the room, I couldn't pick it up anymore (no interaction).
eisfuchs
Original backer
Original backer

When you try to save somewhere in a corridor, you get the message "You must be in a safe spot to save." or something to that effect. If you then press ESC before that message goas away, it will still be there when you open the menu the next time, and possibly even after loading a save.

When there is a character dialog open, and you load a game, the dialog stays open after loading, which leads to strange situations, because you can still interact with it.
eisfuchs
Original backer
Original backer

The stool in the side corridor next to the "Begging Door" shows a very similar behavior to the bucket. When I pick it up and carry it around, then set it down again, sometimes it remains a physical object I can push around, but no longer pick up. This persists across save/load cycles. Or is that intentional and I am doing something wrong? :)
cosmogonies

We hotfix the bug of the bucket/stool being not interactable in the 1.49 !
Your saves of safe, just restart and reload your game
eisfuchs
Original backer
Original backer

Yay! Waiting for GOG to catch up to 1.49