Problems with reloading a save and more (GOG Build 1.47)

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
Mr Whiskers

Hi !
I noticed a few small bugs linked to loading a previously saved game :
1. Stools that have been moved prior to reloading the game can no longer be picked up and instead act as a movable (physics) object. Potentially game-breaking since stools are needed for quests which require you return to a previously visited area (Nearly broke The Hidden Stash quest for me). Note : I worked around it by pushing it, and though it couldn't be picked up I could still climb it.
2. Empty grain sacks appear correctly empty (flat) but hovering above the ground.

And here's a few other I found along the way :
-Chains hanging from the walls in the jail act crazy if you jump or run near them.
-A few collision bugs when holding an object (stool, bucket), sometimes I can't go through a jail door with them even though the door is open.
-In the tower (courtyard area) where you have to push a wooden beam to use as a platform in order to climb to the top, I had a hard time jumping from platform to platform. Most of the time Tilo wouldn't properly hang on to the ledge.
-Camera tends to act wild in small areas when close to walls.
-Light suddenly turns very bright in some areas of the courtyard by day. Possibly my light distance set to minimum does this but it looks like too much light bloom in some areas.
-In some stairs, some of the steps have to be jumped over in order to be crossed. It's been quite rare in my playthrough but became quite reccuring when in sneak mode.

Apart from that nothing game-breaking and I have really enjoyed my play so far :)

Here are my (glorious) specs:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7-4510U @2.00GHz
12 Go DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 840M

I play on the lowest available settings.
Mr Whiskers

Also, after some time playing, I can't access the map from the left bumper anymore. Nor can I from the inventory screen.

I know it's already been reported elsewhere but I add it here because it happened to me too.

EDIT : It seems to happen when I use the maps in the inventory. I then have to restart the game in order to access the map again.
Last edited by Mr Whiskers on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

Thanks for that report !
You are right, as you can read elsewhere the very same bugs, it is important to us knowing if several people experience it.

These bugs are known, and I'm happy to say that the stool breaking bug is fixed in 1.49: it is just a matter of time to let gog deploy it, sorry of the inconvenience.
Mr Whiskers

Very glad to hear that ! I hope gog releases it soon enough :)

I've come across a few more bugs along the way :
1. I've had a problem with the day/night time cycle, not sure what triggered it though. I asked to sleep from 1am to 8am and the game would still be at 1am after that. The clock in the inventory displayed 8am but it was still night time and all NPCs remained asleep. Tried to sleep to some other times but it didn't make a difference.
2. The fish in the sewers wouldn't unaggro even when going to a different zone. Though the release note for 1.49 says it's fixed so I'll assume it's because I still run the 1.47.
3. Not sure if this is a bug or a case of me being a dummy ^^ but I can't find the signal whistle. In the small room under Kertold's cell which you access through the sewers there's nothing but a few florins. My bad if the whistle isn't supposed to be there, but if it's a bug then it's a gamebreaking one.
4. Sometimes I end up with large amounts of objects normally limited to five. Notably at some point I had 18 sticks. I have no idea how that is since when I go back down to five the limit works again.

P.S. : I can send my saves if you like.

Edit : Just as I finished typing this post gog deployed 1.49 ^^
cosmogonies

Yeah 1.49 will fix a lot of your issues.

I hope your game is not broken for the Kerold's whistle:
did you empty the bucket for Kerold in that quest ?
If not you have to speak with him
Mr Whiskers

cosmogonies wrote:Yeah 1.49 will fix a lot of your issues.

I hope your game is not broken for the Kerold's whistle:
did you empty the bucket for Kerold in that quest ?
If not you have to speak with him
I dunno. When I got the quest the log said I should talk to Kerold. I assumed I had to have the pirate costume to do this. He told me the guards had emptied his bucket in the sewers and that I had to check there. Then the game marked the "talk to the pirate frog" objective as failed and added "Talk to kerold as captain powderkeg" marked as done. Now I have "explore the sewers in search of the whistle". Talking to Kerold doesn't do anything new (tried all costumes) and the bucket in the puddle next to him is non-interactible.

Perhaps it's because I talked to him with the costume first.
cosmogonies

You did right.
You now have to go back in the sewers, in the narrow tunnel where you found some florins, and with the help of a light, you will be able to loot the whistle.
Mr Whiskers

Still can't find it. I'll try starting a new game to see if it pops up.