Mysterious Stranger bug.

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
Jairone

When talking with the Mysterious Stranger I find myself given a nice carving, but the left click does not move me onward. Instead I am left trying to find another means of closing the window with the option for reading the footnote. Clicking outside this window gives a single letter on the next point in conversation, but does not allow anything else.

I verified that the message stayed on screen if I tried loading a game directly. It does reset upon loading the entire game back up, but I am getting a repeat of the effect. This stops any progress dealing with the mysterious stranger rat.

I am on GoG version 1.49
Thomas_Huayra

Jairone wrote:When talking with the Mysterious Stranger I find myself given a nice carving, but the left click does not move me onward. Instead I am left trying to find another means of closing the window with the option for reading the footnote. Clicking outside this window gives a single letter on the next point in conversation, but does not allow anything else.

I verified that the message stayed on screen if I tried loading a game directly. It does reset upon loading the entire game back up, but I am getting a repeat of the effect. This stops any progress dealing with the mysterious stranger rat.

I am on GoG version 1.49
True, what you want to do is move your computer mouse a few centimeters to the left on your screen, the 'continue' button will light up. click on that area of your screen where it lights up and you're good to go.
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

This bug is known and fixed in 1.63+ !
Jairone

cosmogonies wrote:This bug is known and fixed in 1.63+ !
Yay! Awesome! :D