[2.64] Unable to use selected item from the inventory

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
Mextrom

Hi!

Actually I'm not sure what is the bug related to (inventory or animation). I have selected a bottle from my inventory an hid in the barrel near the Fate and Gusto's cage. I saved the game and when I jumped out of the barrel the character tried to throw the bottle but did not finish the action and freezed (animation freezed). I can run, I can climb, I can interact with any items and characters but there is no animation and I am unable to use selected items (e.g. can't throw a bottle or a stick). Restarting the game does not help :(.

I've attached the save file I hope this will help.

Patch version: 2.64.

P.S. how can I upload large gifs? I captured a video (18 seconds, ~11MB) but it is not allowed to upload mp4 files. So I converted it to a gif image but its size is too large (~25 MB).
I'm new to this forum.
Attachments

[The extension save has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Mextrom on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mextrom

I've added a screenshot with debug information. 'Attacking' flag is always true.
GoaT_2016-12-25_debug_800x500.jpg
GoaT_2016-12-25_debug_800x500.jpg (161.65 KiB) Viewed 17950 times
Mextrom

I've found a workaround for this issue. I've changed 'playerAttacking' value in my save file from 'true' to 'false',restarted the game and loaded the save file. So now I can play the game again :).
<TrackedField>
<holdingComponentName>PlayerControl</holdingComponentName>
<fieldName>playerAttacking</fieldName>
<value xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</value>
</TrackedField>
I think 'playerAttacking' flag is being set incorrectly. It often happens that Tilo attacks (throws a bottle or a stick) when I close some menus. For example when I go to bed ('sleep') a popup window appears in which a can select the time when to wake up. So when I click 'close' button 'playerAttacking' flag changes to 'true'. This happens all the time I close the dialog. I guess the reason is that I set 'attack' to left mouse button.
fakenina

Hi Mextrom, thanks for your detailed report, and good job finding the workaround! I've passed it on to Seith, and I'm sure he'll be on the case as soon as possible :)

Thanks again,

FN
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Congrats on fixing the bug on your side, Mextrom! :)

In the next release the attribute debug panel will be gone and that issue should be fixed. And Tilo shouldn't throw his current tool when exiting a dialog via mouse/keyboard anymore.
Mextrom

Thanks! :)