Another 2.75 Bug

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
Uberskunk

Sorry if I should be posting this in my old thread but I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle.

I've experienced another rendering bug which, like the last one, is present even after quitting the game and reloading my save. This bug is arguably worse as it makes certain parts of the game unapproachable.

THIS time, the issue, as I experienced it, saw the cell of Fatale and Gusto failing to produce the proper lighting, and the benches they're supposed to be sitting on are gone, along with some other objects in there with them. More problematic, the cell next to theirs is missing the barrel and the little underground area it leads to failed to render at all for the most part and running in there lead to Tilo basically falling off of the face of the earth. He falls forever, seemingly, until you restart or something. As I said, these issues didn't resolve themselves upon reloading. I didn't check to see if other parts of the game were affected.

So I'd say the biggest problem overall is that the game saves these glitches to your data as it's happened to me twice. Perhaps some kind of...re-initializing step is needed upon loading data? I don't know, I have ZERO experience with programming anything.

But that's basically it for now. Also some more minor issues such as rats not returning to their posts. I've also noticed enemies getting the ? symbol for seemingly no reason, even if I'm not in a chase or in the room with them. Such is the way of early access. I wish you luck it getting it all sorted out!
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

Sorry for the inconvenience, it may seems you took an unexpected path to reach this area T.T

If you remember it, that could be very useful to us, but I know it is hard to describe^^.

By the way, you are right the wrong info is still in your save file, so you may need to backtrack to a previous save file (if you had any), or send us you save file at support@ghostofatale.com and we will fix that ASAP.

Thanks again for giving us feedback !
Uberskunk

I suppose in that way, I'm a good candidate for finding bugs because I do tend to take a lot of shortcuts, climbing over walls and objects in order to find the quickest route to where I'm going. etc...if I'm not mistaken, I believe the route I took was through the new gate in the courtyard, (the one added in the recent build), possibly climbed OVER the broken wagon/cart that's nearby that area, and then jumped over the wall of the stairway that leads down to the outdoor cells where Gusto and Fatale are. It was actually a pretty straight-forward path but I do tend to jump a lot of walls while I play.

My approach to the area was very rapid so it's possible I got there before it could finish rendering and then it just stopped trying.

As I eluded to before, it might be worth while to add some kind of re-initializing step to loaded data, something that makes the game re-render the environment to its proper state before data is loaded. It might add to the loading time but it beats the alternative. But once again, I don't know anything about programming so that suggestion could be completely stupid.

Thanks for the response, though! I just might have to send the data to the support address unless I have a recent autosave. I'll give it a look.