Game won't load saves

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
simon_gruber

Just purchased the game from GoG, running version 6.29. Game works until I try to reload a save file. I've tried the quick save, auto save and a manual save slot, and it just sits on the loading screen. The bar loads up but nothing happens. I was able to load the game on an auto save, but now it's overwritten by a newer one and I'm locked out from my progress. Here is pretty much what happened: https://youtu.be/KPwY7imVOKk?t=4405
NoPantsBaby

I have a less severe version of this bug. Specific hiding spots, such as the Barrel in the Far Tower, will not load a save from it.
simon_gruber

just saw the technical report post. Here is my latest safe file. A fix would be awesome, Thanks!
Used 7zip to zip it since the file was over 2MBs
Attachments
Quicksave.7z
Latest Save File
(75.22 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
BiteyFerret

Same issue here- GoG version 6.29, I cannot load my last few saves (I can start a new game and load the automatic save it creates, but loading my own just loads to 100% and then sits there forever).
Attachments
Save 015.7z
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
output_log.txt
(238.2 KiB) Downloaded 774 times
Razzle4duz

I have the same problem. Everything works fine with 4.90.
Today I deinstalled version 4.90 (and deleted all old savings), downloaded the new 6.29 from GOG and played fresh from the scratch. The first savings are working, but nearly all saving points at the courtyard could not be loaded.
2 of the bad savings are attached.
Attachments
output_log.zip
(23.17 KiB) Downloaded 706 times
Savings.zip
(241.41 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
BiteyFerret

The game updated to 6.32 and that appears to have solved the problem for me! <3
Razzle4duz

With Version 6.32 the problem is solved for me :)
simon_gruber

with update 633 I'm able to resume my game as well. Thanks for the quick fix.
Roifingolfin

I have the same kind of issue, but it's still not solved.
I played the early acces version of the game (v4.90) and waited the official release to keep playing. But when I want to resume my game, I'm stucked on the loading screen. If I try to load a save (quick, auto or manual), it doesn't work, because it's written, in red, that my saves are impossible to load with this version of the game (or something like that).

Is it a bug ou should I really begin a whole new game ??

I tried this morning (so, it was the v6.33 I think... ?) and it didn't work. What shoud I do ?

Thank you
BiteyFerret

You'll have to start a new game I'm afraid, even the parts that existed in the earlier versions have changed and some things moved around, so the saves are no longer compatible.

If it's any consolation it's pretty quick to replay those areas when you remember them from before.