Mushroom quest freezing bug

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
NoPantsBaby

During the mushroom gathering quest in the Far Tower several mushrooms can trigger a freeze. Tilo will reach out for the mushroom but never actually pick it up. You can't move anymore when this happens. You can break out of this freeze by rotating or using an item but then you can't pick up anymore mushrooms. Tilo will interact with them but not actually pick them up.

Also this is especially annoying because the Barrel hiding spot is bugged and won't let me make saves from it so I can't easily trial and error the mushrooms by save scumming. As far as I can tell it seems to be utterly random as with proper positioning you CAN pick up the mushrooms that gave me issues before but sometimes get issues with other mushrooms that never froze before.

Thank you for making a wonderful game and hope you roll out a patch soon.
damiendetch

The same thing happened to me. Unfortunately, for some reason it also corrupted the automatic save and my quick save so I had to go back 2 hours in the game.

I'm afraid to go back there now and finish that quest. I wonder if it is essential to finish the game...
NoPantsBaby

Yeah this seems to be a FAR more serious bug then I actually gave it credit for.

Apparently interacting with ALL objects has a SLIGHT risk to trigger a bug that NOT ONLY freezes your character in place and disables their ability to interact with any object in the future even if you manage to shake loose whilst using an item.

It also corrupt your saves causing an infinite loading screen loop.

This is pretty much game breaking given the amount of items you can pick up and which by positioning might cause a glitch. This needs top priority patching cause it essentially locked me out of 2-4 hours of gameplay several times already.