Mystery photograph

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

We are greatly puzzled by this photograph of a sinister-looking individual wearing a partially completed disguise.

There is a chinchilla in the background, wearing night-vision goggles, who is probably an accomplice.

Can you help us solve this mystery?

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Should we also mention the leg sticking out of the side, implying someone else is an accomplice? :)

I don't have many good guesses, but I think this was the result of a night of drinking after a local Convention. :) lol
david

We believe that the third individual was helping build the disguise, and that alcohol wasn't involved ;)

Mmmm "convention"... that's an interesting observation... perhaps there is a convention coming up where a rodent disguise might be useful?
david

mmm... some more clues! :mrgreen:

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

you are cosplaying as howard the duck at the con!

I dunno my best guess would be you will actually be dressed as Tilo at the gamecon.. which is AWESOME. :) i am so sorry i am not able to go... dangit.
david

evilkinggumby wrote:I dunno my best guess would be you will actually be dressed as Tilo at the gamecon.. which is AWESOME. :) i am so sorry i am not able to go... dangit.
Correct! I'll be at Gamescom as Tilo! :mrgreen:

It would be very cool if you could attend, but of course it is a heck of a long trip from the US. Anyway, we'll Skype with you! ;)

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

OMG that is such a great costume!! holy crap... i need a pick of you posing in that with a hockey stick..lol

Thats going to be such fun. I hope you get to keep that after the show or for future ones. it'd be great to stuff and mount it upright for posterity too. :)

I swear.. walking around dressed like that, I am sure you will help draw attention to the booth and get tons of people checking it out! Brilliant! Plus it is totally a chick magnet ;)

Gab_dC
Original backer
Original backer

Tilo's looking good! A bit taller than I imagined ;) Cannot wait for Gamescom! :D
david

@EvilKing... If I come across a hockey stick in Germany I'll be sure to capture a pic. Hockey is unheard of in Thailand ;) .... and Tilo is definitely huggable! (nice photoshop! is that wonder woman?) :mrgreen:

As to what Seith does with the costume after gamescom, I bet he hasn't had time to think about it, as say hopefully for other events and/or as a contest prize, a home/office memento... suggestions welcome!

@GabDC... thank you so much and see you at the event! Definitely, absolutely come and take a photo with me/Tilo :D

Hopefully a (more than) two-meter Tilo will attract crowds to enjoy the GOAT demo!

To help him visualize our exhibition space, Seith did a quick mockup of our booth in Maya. You might find it interesting... here it is!

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

wow thats much bigger than I expected and with 2 demo stations running the game on the laptop AND big ol monitors for people to see.. AWESOME!! it's going to be a great con and I hope you gets TONS of attention. I wouldn't be surprised if you guiys end up being one of the biggest draws so people can finally see the alpha in motion and try it out. :)

I really wish I could have gone, the guys making the Asylum game (which I also backed on Kickstarter) are going to be there and Krillbite, the creators of Among The Sleep. Such a great convention. If you get the chance to roam, David, grab me some swag! :) lol
Gab_dC
Original backer
Original backer

david wrote:@GabDC... thank you so much and see you at the event! Definitely, absolutely come and take a photo with me/Tilo :D
Oh, I wish I could attend! I meant that I cannot wait to see some online coverage of GoaT. Speaking of which, maybe we should create a Gamescom master thread that can be updated with all of the impressions, interviews, etc. in one thread? :)

Edit: GoaT was just shown in the Microsoft conference during the ID@Xbox segment! I guess that confirms GoaT coming to the Xbox One! So excited! Congrats Seith!
david

@EvilKing... nice! if I get time, I'll see if I can score you some swag from those companies

@Gab... excellent suggestion, I started a new thread with a couple of images, and I'll try to add more as we progress, to share a flavor of the event with you guys, with links to any major articles featuring GOAT.

Also just for fun, if you'd like us to Skype live with you from the event, send me a PM with your username and I'll add you. We can schedule a video chat, I'll hold up the camera and spin it round so you can see what is happening live at Gamescom!