Obscure horror movies

Here you can chat about anything you like.
Alberto

Dear fellow rats, :P
I like underrated horror movies...
My favourites are:

God Told Me To
American Gothic *
Prince of Darkness (arguably not that obscure)
Dark Heritage

What are your favourite, obscure horror movies?

* The omonimous painting is my favourite painting - that and The White Duck
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

Interesting!

As for me I haven't really seem any horror movies, 'cos my go-to for entertainment is comedy. But I did see 'Hard Rock Zombies', a low-budget horror-comedy on VHS, years 'n years ago... about an undead heavy metal band. The premise sounds cool, but I honestly forget if it was good or not... it was like 1985. Comments on IMDB suggest that it is bad, almost unwatchable :lol:

American Gothic and The White Duck are genuinely thought provoking images... nice!
Alberto

Jacob's Ladder is brilliant! Very sad, though.
david

hey, I actually saw (bits of) Jacob's Ladder... that was unsettling :shock:

Alberto

my go-to for entertainment is comedy
I see...
Here's your comedy...
Let's face it: Ghost of a Tale borrows a lot from Meet The Feebles... :lol:
david

Alberto wrote:Ghost of a Tale borrows a lot from Meet The Feebles... :lol:
cute... but it does not! :shock: :mrgreen:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

lol Meet the Feebles isn't really horror, but it is a classic. :) Wanna cite one of ol Pete Jackson's classics that's horror toss out Brain Damage. :) now THAT is some messed up stuff. hehehe

I personally love a lot of the early stuff done by Guillermo Del Toro. His style of ghost stories and horror is just awesome.

Also, because of the season, a GREAT flick to check nowadays is Trik r Treat. :)

Great little anthology piece that plays in a nifty circle. :) lots of nifty twists. I so want a lil sackboy figurine from this but .. nope.. too pricey.
Alberto

Wanna cite one of ol Pete Jackson's classics that's horror toss out Brain Damage. :) now THAT is some messed up stuff. hehehe
You meant Brain Dead, right?
There is a cute rodent in that movie, too... :twisted:
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

actually I was thinking of Bad Taste but I was also thinking of Brain Damage, both pretty wild horror flicks from around the same time (1987/88) :) Though Bad Taste was Peter Jackson's, not the other.
david

@both... that Brain Dead rat monkey is such a cutie... I bet they make hygenic and devoted pets :mrgreen:

evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

I think GoaT needs those Sumatran rat monkeys. :) maybe there is someone experimenting in a secret dungeon or lab ? If you uncover the evil lair and try to stop them you get a companion rat monkey to cuddle in the process! WOO then you can play songs for it and it'll dance for you and hopefully not attack you in your sleep.. hehehe
david

@EvilKing... I LOVE that idea, in a primitive medieval-style laboratory... rat proto-scientists recently manage to create these weird and lethal hybrid rat monkeys... even bigger than the GoaT rats: stronger, faster, resistant to magic, with better senses (like smell and eyesight).

Imagine exploring the half-dark high-security lab, deep in the lower levels of the basement, waiting for one or two of these weird, ferocious beasts -rarely seen, just hinted at- to pounce from the shadows in a lethal blur of claws and teeth. Now that I think of it, kind of like Alien... which could even be referenced in a bunch of great ways.
Alberto

@David: That would make for an excellent expansion pack...
However, I think that the rat monkey should really be a "dragon rat", just to preserve the fantasy thing.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

OMG draco-monkey rats... a mixture of fur and scales, long prehensile tail with barbs on the end, breathes fire, has high agility using it's long limbs but no wings... thats just BRUTAL...

I like it!!!
Alberto

Today I was thinking about a movie I saw, say, 15 years ago...
It was about a serial killer that killed his victims in their dreams, if I remember correctly.
No, it wasn't any of the Nightmare serie - this similarity is unfortunate, because googling for it produces endless results related to Freddy!
Basically, I seem to remember that the killer ends in jail, and there he's repeatedly beaten by two violent cops - an Indian and a white with dreadlocks.
There's a woman, a psychologist, who interview the killer.
The final scene takes place in her house: she wakes up hearing a noise, but there's nothing in the house.
She returns to bed... and her neck starts bleeding!
Any ideas?
david

Sorry Alberto, but the story doesn't ring a bell - though it does sound a bit like Nightmare. But I'm utterly clueless about horror movies.