Share your art, fiction, music, inspired by Ghost of a Tale!

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

This chinchilla is preparing to visit the mysterious island of Periclave :D

Seylyn
Original backer
Original backer

*laugh* Even the chinchillas are getting excited for the game! Is (s)he yours, David?

Quiet thread, but here's one from myself!
JeremiahPena
'Ghost of a Tale' Composer

Wow! That is one beautiful piece of art!
I compose the music for Ghost of a Tale. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeremiahpena
david

Seylyn, very impressive... you even included the ash branch! I have a two year old chinchilla (a rescue) who loves to have her chin scratched... so flipping cute :D
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Wow, that is one fortitious mouse! You captured the vigouresness and boldness very well.
Just one little detail: wearing the lute like that would be pretty uncomfy both for the mouse and the lute as the strings would continuously rub against the mouse's back.

@Jeremiah
Any chance you'd want to share your newest music inspired by GoaT? :mrgreen:

@David
I'm sorry to be that guy, but that is not an ash branch...

Sorry to be such a nag!
david

Oh.. I thought it was this ash branch, which is remarkably handy for whacking giant rat skeletons equipped with axes and crossbows! I'm 100% sure that Seith will change this in the game, but it looked like fun in the video :mrgreen:

@Kwisatz... But I guess that you can tell by the leaf shape it isn't ash. Come on Sherlock Holmes, what species is it and how can you tell? ;)
Seylyn
Original backer
Original backer

@Jeremiah Cheers! Very much looking forward to the other tracks in the game from you! The trailer music creates such a wonderful atmosphere, love it!

@David Oh, that's great! I've never had the privilege of keeping a chinchilla, but they look like they'd be wonderful companions :)

@Kwisatz Haha, keen eyes! I noticed it as well (of course, right after I had posted and went to look at the mouse turnaround again....*groan*). Never trust your imagination too far ;)! I may have to edit it in the future once there's a chance.

As for that branch, perhaps it's a species native to Periclave ;)?
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

@David
It's pretty easy to discern it's not ash, since ash has greyer bark, lots of black-brown buds and pinnate compound leaves. :P I'd say the branch in the drawing could be from a tea bush.

I hope you're happy now! I should really shun this thread, it brings out the worst in me. Have to compensate for my lack of creative output :cry:
david

@Kwisatz... don't give up on your artistic side, create something... even programmer art (and post it here) :D Attacking huge rat skeletons with a tea bush... that's a brave mouse!

@Seylyn... she's great! PM me if you are interested in keeping a chinchilla, I've got a ton of tips to share
JeremiahPena

KwisatzHaderach wrote: @Jeremiah
Any chance you'd want to share your newest music inspired by GoaT? :mrgreen:
I'd sure like to, but it will be best when heard the first time in context. :)
I compose the music for Ghost of a Tale. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeremiahpena
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Poor David! He's right, it's supposed to be an ash branch (although to be honest it's bit difficult to see it in the video). But the buds could be darker, yes. I redid the model anyway, so it's a bit more readable now.

Great job Seylyn! Really nice. He does feel a bit "chunky" around the waist, but he probably just ate a few too many berries around the island... :)
david

Here is another great fan pic I just stumbled across on Tumblr, by user bolloxtothat at http://bolloxtothat.tumblr.com/.

Seith

Haha, that cute! :D
david

... and some terrific pictures from Tumblr user Corey Patrick Miller! :D

You can see his stuff full size here: http://coreypatrickmiller.tumblr.com and http://www.coreypatrickmiller.com

Seith

Nice! Those are apparently based on the very first version of Tilo as he appeared in the alpha trailer.
psxpetey

just found this welllll better get to drawing! ill be back soon! awesome art on here!
psxpetey

Ive seen MANY better drawings but here is my contribution not sure how tilo meets the bonerats but itd be cool if he was searching a cave for treasure or something and he lifted his lantern up, with an expression of awe he looks upon a bone warrior rat, he turns his back and the bone warrior strikes once but tilo thinks the axes has just fallen down and scampers away
Attachments
mouse.png
mouse.png (185.62 KiB) Viewed 51590 times
Seith

That's nice! I like the story as well... :)

(Just as a small note: the lute should actually be facing the other way, in that the strings should not be visible, just the back of the lute ;) )
psxpetey

Seith wrote:That's nice! I like the story as well... :)

(Just as a small note: the lute should actually be facing the other way, in that the strings should not be visible, just the back of the lute ;) )

Thanks seith ya that makes a lot of sense otherwise while tilo runs his strings would get all messed up! WHOOPSIE! thanks for the critique ill have to rectify that in the rest of the art that I will be posting!
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Not exactly my art, but I don't want to take up a whole thread for this. So, it took me a good couple of watching through Frasier, but I finally finished my little statue of Tilo :D

He is not the most well-crafted papermouse out there, I am sure since I was totally not heeding most of the advice given on the instructions, which of course bit me in the arse after it was way too late... anyway, let me introduce to you the honourable Tilo Muad'Dib the Angular-faced!

Thanks for going through the trouble to provide this for free! It was quite an interesting experience, kinda felt like I was wrapping a 3-D model... er... or something, not that I have ever done that :mrgreen:
psxpetey

KwisatzHaderach wrote:Not exactly my art, but I don't want to take up a whole thread for this. So, it took me a good couple of watching through Frasier, but I finally finished my little statue of Tilo :D

He is not the most well-crafted papermouse out there, I am sure since I was totally not heeding most of the advice given on the instructions, which of course bit me in the arse after it was way too late... anyway, let me introduce to you the honourable Tilo Muad'Dib the Angular-faced!

Thanks for going through the trouble to provide this for free! It was quite an interesting experience, kinda felt like I was wrapping a 3-D model... er... or something, not that I have ever done that :mrgreen:
ive been wanting to make one of those to but my printer ran out of colour ink halfway through!