A couple of bugs (Steam 1.32)

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Was playing a new game and got to the begging door. I threw a bottle at the key, but after it fell to the floor I couldn't pick it up.

If you turn all of the sound volume sliders to zero, some sound effects (menu selection noises, some sounds when talking to an NPC) still play.

<edit>

Just came across another bug. I restarted the game after the above issue, and reached the room just before you get to the courtyard. Nearly all of the items in that room (fate card, jail map, cheese, accountant ledger, minstral's flight and the jail master keys) were missing.

The only item still in there was the Sewer Key in the draw, which also happened to be an item I'd never found/picked up before. Double checking that save, the stool that is normally in that room is also missing.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Just had the key problem happen again, so while it seems an uncommon issue, it wasn't a one-time problem.
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

Since builds seem to be released rather fast, I'll leave some of my notes here, before they are totally out of date :mrgreen:

Here are the specs I'm playing on:

Intel i5 2500K (OCed to 4,4 Ghz)
8GB Ram
Nvidia GTX970
Windows 10
Gamepad XBone
installed on an SSD

The following problems I encountered while playing version 1.32

Minor bugs:

- Where: Stairways outside the Pirate Frog's cell. What: something wrong with lighting. While descending the stairs everything turns completely dark by just taking one step.

- Where: Courtyard. What: raised alarm wouldn't recede. I was running from a guard which I think got stuck somewhere. The raised alarm music and the exclamation mark wouldn't dissappear when I entered a hiding place. Even loading an older save didn't solve the problem, the alarm was still raised. Restarting the game solved the issue.

- Where: various places. What: Alarm music score wouldn't trigger. The alarm meter would come up and the rat would be chasing me, but the appropriate music (good work on the music btw, I have to say ;) ) wouldn't play. The Marcato indicating the end of alarm mode would be played though.

Gamebreakers:

- Just after I picked up the Thief's Tunica and Belt (I think it was) I entered the menu to equip it and everything in the in-game menues got really broken somehow (see Screenshot):

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjRRcWDVsAnlhvMpzJe7lHNoEVIgiw

I couldn't equip anything and menues seem to have gotten mixed up a bit.

- Where: the cell door you open with the key from the thievish mice. What: Door would unlock but not open. actually I encountered this bug just after I installed version 1.43.

And just for the heck of it, a little insubstantial and opinionated feedback:

- I usually hate bloom, but I think it suits this game very well. Nevertheless it can be a bit much at times:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjRRcWDVsAnlhvMiIkJhQTFmXtw3Pg

- As previously mentioned: an option to turn off dof would be great!

- more clover!

Game is AWESOME! btw. More than I ever dreamed of in any possible way: be it visuals, mechanics, dialogue (I had to laugh out loud on several occasions and often had a smirk on my face), sound and general atmosphere. You created something great here and I'm now confident that this will become a loved and successful... how do you say... franchise 8-)
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

Thank you KwisatzHaderach !!!

We are still fixing some IA and the aggro of enemies, but a lot of bugs are already fixed^^.

Did the menus mixed up occur again in 1.43 ?
If so, we would really appreciate if you can send us your save file !
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

cosmogonies wrote: Did the menus mixed up occur again in 1.43 ?
If so, we would really appreciate if you can send us your save file !
Nice work! The menu bug has disappeard (I'm now already on 1.48, you guys better take it slow, or we'll eventually run out of numbers :D )! The door opened properly as well this time I tried. The thieve outfit is great!

And an option for DoF! Thanks heaps!

The lighting at the staircase in the starting area is fixed as well!

NEW BUG (V 1.48 and V 1.49):

- Where: Menu. What: Can't open maps. I just got some maps from Rolo and I seem to be unable to open them. Every time I try, they seem to appear for a fraction of a second and disappear. The sound plays as it should. Reloading didn't work. Restarting the game (ok, I'm now on V1.49 :shock: ) didn't solve the issue.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

KwisatzHaderach wrote:Can't open maps. I just got some maps from Rolo and I seem to be unable to open them. Every time I try, they seem to appear for a fraction of a second and disappear. The sound plays as it should. Reloading didn't work. Restarting the game (ok, I'm now on V1.49 :shock: ) didn't solve the issue.
Just had a look and it seems to work here. Have you found the actual maps to being with though? Rolo doesn't actually give you a map, he just marks locations on it.

Saying that, he only seems to mark locations on the Courtyard map, so I'm not sure if he's supposed to mark all the locations you ask for, or if he just gives you a start. If so, his comment of "8 florins, 2 florins for each item" is a con as he only marks 2 locations :P
cosmogonies

We have a map button glitch we try to narrow down.
And in fact, Rolo gives you the map if you don't have it and try to write markers on it.