Newbie questions

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
mythlady

Hello -- I'm a new player and I have a couple of questions. I'm exploring the jail area, and at one point there's what looks like a speech bubble. I can't figure out how to access that.

Also, when I get captured by the jailer rat, I get a message that I should tap A-D. I do that and pretty much nothing happens. Should I hold them down? Is there a way to escape his grasp?

Also, I bought the game through Steam and paid for it. I realize it's not a full game at this point -- will I have to pay more in the future, or is that it for me having paid for early access?

Enjoying the game so far -- have to get used to the view, which for me at the moment is kind of all over the place (playing on Windows 10 on PC).
althrioan

Tap A+D in rotation again and again and again and again ... until you are loose ;)

You don't have to pay anymore in the future.

You are able to reach every speach bubble (it's a npc). Try to explore the area ;)
mythlady

Thanks -- I'll keep exploring!
Imma

Look close to the door.
mythlady

I figured out that part of it and escaped the jail. But . . . I don't know how to fight, and can't figure that out. Or am I supposed to hide rather than fight? When I picked up the stick, there's a white arrow on the screen, but I don't know what that's for.

Newbie questions! Is there a wiki anywhere?
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

You can't fight (though you can knock a guard out with a well thrown bottle as long as he isn't wearing a helmet.). The white arrow means you're holding something that you can throw which is useful for distracting guards.
mythlady

Okay, thanks --