Full list of bugs observed (Outside of crashing when saving)

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
paddymaxson

-Rolo sleeps standing up nowhere near his chair sometimes
-The sleeping rat guard just before the drawbridge in the Jail isn't actually in his cot but is sleeping levitating next to it
-Dying in the water in the sewers leaves a ring where you were standing, to the point where dying multiple times leaves multiple rings
-Enemies can sometimes get stuck investigating things and will permanently have the "investigating" symbol over their head until distracted again - seems to persist through saves
-Grease jars just don't leave a grease patch sometimes

-It's possible to do some things in the poison gas in the sewer by triggering an action, opening the inventory and spamming food until it's done (possibly not a bug?)
-After paying Rolo to mark my map with locations of items, no marks appeared on the map

Edit:
-Noticed a couple of minor spelling issues in Silas' dialogue, use of "to" where "too" is correct being most prominent (I know it's early access so this seems a bit pedantic, given how well polished the game is, just pointing it out).
-After collecting Death mushrooms, I have a quest to turn them in to someone called Faustus I've never met

-If you climb on the wall on the ramparts where a rat guard is patrolling (where there's a beetle and a rose - screenshot attached) you can walk on nothing above the carrot patch
Attachments
20160802194229_1.jpg
20160802194229_1.jpg (230.43 KiB) Viewed 24643 times
JohnGreenArt

Faustus is a little hard to find. There's a narrow passage in the sewers near the leeches that has a "ring" puzzle that leads to Faustus.

Maybe there can be additional clues to who/where Faustus is or how to find him—like a note in a log book, or even a sign on the door outside Faustus' elevator that could be a hint? Or maybe Rolo or Silas could mention him in conversation (maybe they did, I forget.)
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I thought Faustus was quite easy to find - his entire area is displayed on the sewer map, so it's obvious there's something there to find even if you don't know what it is before you get there.

I'd even suggest that given that his lab is pretty much a secret area, that it shouldn't be shown on the map (though maybe the short passageway with the rings in it should be).
JohnGreenArt

I think I found him before I found the actual sewer map, but that's a good point.

Since the maps aren't automatic, maybe leaving Faustus' location on the map is all the clue needed. By the time I'd found the map I'd discovered everything in the sewer already, so I never even thought to look at it — which means that had I not found Faustus, it would be my own fault for not examining the map closer.

The other alternative is to have Faustus' room not appear on the map, but Rolo (or another NPC) could mark the location of the ring puzzle if you give him a bunch of florins.

Oh, and to get back to the bugs, I also had the first two you mention: Rolo not sleeping on his chair, and the guard in the cell not sleeping on his cot. But I'm going to do a fresh playthrough and see if they happen again.

I still had grain sacks floating in the air after the update that supposedly fixed them, but that could be a remnant of a save file from the previous version.
paddymaxson

Fluke wrote:I thought Faustus was quite easy to find - his entire area is displayed on the sewer map, so it's obvious there's something there to find even if you don't know what it is before you get there.

I'd even suggest that given that his lab is pretty much a secret area, that it shouldn't be shown on the map (though maybe the short passageway with the rings in it should be).
The rings dont appear to be usable unless you have a light source equipped and the area was light enough that I didnt need to, I went there about 5 times. anyway its not really a complaint about faust being hard to find, more that I had a quest to hand into him before I ever met him.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

paddymaxson wrote:The rings dont appear to be usable unless you have a light source equipped and the area was light enough that I didnt need to, I went there about 5 times. anyway its not really a complaint about faust being hard to find, more that I had a quest to hand into him before I ever met him.
I'd certainly agree with both of those points. The sewage area where you get the whistle is another area with the same issue really - it's not dark enough that you think a light source is needed.

You're right about the quest appearing before finding the NPC as well, as it doesn't happen earlier in the game. If you collect items that Gusto and Fatale need for example, you don't suddenly get the quests added before they've actually given them to you, so that's certainly an inconsistency.
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

The Faustus quest being detected before meeting him in now fixed in the (1.75) update ^^.
JohnGreenArt

I know this thread wasn't just for the Faustus quest, but is there maybe a way to adjust his quest so that it's impossible to complete it until after you've met him and gotten the plague mask from him? It's easy to find all the mushrooms he needs before meeting him for the first time. The mask isn't really necessary… it seems like there should be at least one mushroom you can't get until after you've talked to him and he's given you the mask, so that the mask serves an actual purpose.
cosmogonies

Yes, right now the plague mask is not mandatory to pickup mushrooms.
The clothepin and the thief mask protect also very well from the poisoning.

It was not the case at start, we lower the damage of poising a lot ^^.
That is some tweaking we need to do, and thanks to the early access and your feedback we know what to do!