stairs still not working and other things :D

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
althrioan

Hey,
not sure if I should update my post in the 1.30 thread so I'm doing a new one. Still using gog galaxy with version 1.47

1. found some stairs which are not working for Tilo^^
2. The inventory works really well now! Thanks!
3. I still got heavy performance issues in the secret corridor next to Fatale and Gusto and had more (really shortly visible) graphic glitches with the newest build (1.47). Haven't had the chance yet to make screenshots of it. But on was in the corridor where the flame is on the screenshot and the other one was in the secret corridor next to Fatale
4. Oh, and it seems to me like there's more music in this build than in 1.30. Really appreciate that. (After playing a while I realize there's different music played than before and other songs are missing^^)
5. It's a pain in the ass to get on that wooden second platform. Would be awesome if you could do something that Tilo can climb it easier ;)
6. Something world/story related: How did Faustus got into the sewers? All the entrances are too small for him (at least those which I found). If there's something secret with please don't tell me :D But I thought I had to display that.
7. Sometimes Tools are not blue in the inventory when equipped.
8. In the dialogue with Gusto and Fatale: When you go as Tulong and don't ask about the hammer from the blacksmith it still is written in the next dialog option where he asks about the spyglass "i suppose you don't have that with you either"
9. Silas now hasn't the option to report to him. I've done everything as he asked - have I reached the end of the early access version?! It seems like I'm not at the end have 21/26 quests. A restart of the game and the pc didn't help. Maybe he doesn't recognize that I'm in full armor. He also shows no reaction to other costumes ...
10. There was one escaped beetle to many. I've found two left to the main entrance of the courtyard (where Tilo and other guards are not allowed to pass). First I found one there, left and came back 20min later and there was another. I recognized it when I found an eigth bug under the roof secret way
11. The bug sounds are still playing even after they are gone (roof, floor way opposite to Fatale and Gusto)
12. when singing songs (lullabys for Fatale) no sound is played
13. No "zzzzzzz" displayed for Fatale even though she's laying down (visited her after playing a lullaby and tried to get her to give me the option with the cards) - maybe she's dead :D
Attachments
secrets
secrets
platform..jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 50891 times
stairs where Tilo can't get over
stairs where Tilo can't get over
stillcantusethesestairs.jpg (127.56 KiB) Viewed 50895 times
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

Thanks a lot for that precise report @althrioan !

Precisely the #6 ! I guess he's a crawling expert ...

Don't worry we will ease the wooden platform (I suck at that jump as well ;) )

For the Silas related question, have you completed all the asked tasks ? if yes, I would love to see your save file !
althrioan

I've done everything he asked me to do. The quest log says I should report to him. I'll send you the save file via email.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I thought I was going mad with trying to find the last beetle, as I couldn't find it. I took a break, and the next time I loaded it up, I found the same thing had happened as above - 2 extra beetles appeared in previous locations, but only after I'd reloaded.

I tried a fresh game to verify, and the same thing happened, got 6, couldn't find the 7th. Reloaded the save and 2 appeared. Both times, 1 near the gallery in the room above Rolo, but the 2nd actually changed location. The first time it was in the storage room near the main gate, the second time it was in the corridor at the top of the long right-hand steps leading up from the courtyard.

Wish I'd checked on here sooner!
althrioan

yup, even after finishing that quest I found several beetles on their places and could send them to Silas :D
MRLia

I'm in the 1.63 and I think I've had the too many beetles issue too.
I found the beetle on the floor on top of the blacksmith and I saved in that chest next to it. After that I died and I reloaded there and the beetle was there again. I checked again getting it and reloading again and it counted for the quest and reappeared again. Even when I got all the beetles needed for the quest that beetle kept reappearing.
cosmogonies

That specific quest glitch will be our next focus !
althrioan

I chose not to open a new thread and use this instead.

Right now my sister is playing the game and is trying to get atop of the room over Rollo where you have to jump out of the window and over the boards to get again into the room where on rose is lying and a branch to trigger the gate as a ladder. It is extremely difficult to use the board "stairs" (they are roofs I think), especially the one where you land after the wooden board which you shoved outside (with this it's the second platform). Please fix this in the final versions. It really is a nightmare to use these roofs and boards right now (gog 1.93) :cry: :evil:

One other thing: She complained that the guards are not alerted by open doors which should be closed in a state where Tilo should be rotting in his cell :D Is there a way to make opened doors more dangerous for being attacked/followed?

Another one: I started to not care about the rat guards and just run through them, because after a while they will loose interest in me. Will there a mechanism against doing things like this in coming versions?

Right now we've got the problem that the rat in the cage (with the crimson mushroom) won't fall out. The first time it worked, Tilo died a few minutes after and right now the bottom of the cage opens but the skeleton is stuck inside. Edit: After a pc restart it worked but only after hitting with wood on the lower end of the cage - the one before failed^^
cosmogonies

Thank you very much for our feedback !
Yes we spent quit some time improving the plateforming/jump/climbing parts of the game,so donm't worry^^.

Th Stealth mechanics will be changed in the next version, as the rat will not each time chase you if you're disguised.
You can find a lot of info of what's incoming in the latest site update:
http://www.ghostofatale.com/feedback-im ... -xbox-one/
Enjoy!
althrioan

Thanks for your post!

I've read your blog entry and I'm really looking forward to what is happening in the future. Looks and reads promising!
althrioan

And new reports from me. Version 2.81 gog galaxy. Crazy shit is happening :D
  • cannot make screenshots in fullscreen mode
    cannot enter the new elevator on Silas level (no option to enter, cannot jump in)
    and I had some serious issues where the world wasn't loading (the long gangway where the hidden roof way is) but didn't managed to get screens of it bc I was in fullscreen mode
Following are some seperate issues with screens:
Attachments
crazy shit is happening all over the jail SLUDGE IS COMING TO KILL EVERYONE AAAAAAA
crazy shit is happening all over the jail SLUDGE IS COMING TO KILL EVERYONE AAAAAAA
wtf`1.jpg (158.77 KiB) Viewed 50699 times
the guard appears pretty late
the guard appears pretty late
thisguardappearssuddenly.jpg (167.76 KiB) Viewed 50699 times
and he dissapears again
and he dissapears again
thisguardappearandisappearsssuddenly.jpg (165.42 KiB) Viewed 50699 times
Last edited by althrioan on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
althrioan

since I only can add 3 pics per post:
Attachments
this is the hidden place next to gusto and fatale where there was a ladder (in the version before 2.75 i think) going upwards next to the main entrance of Dwindling Heights
this is the hidden place next to gusto and fatale where there was a ladder (in the version before 2.75 i think) going upwards next to the main entrance of Dwindling Heights
exladderglitch.jpg (119.77 KiB) Viewed 50699 times
mud again
mud again
wtf`3.jpg (155.82 KiB) Viewed 50699 times
mud
mud
wtf`2.jpg (185.87 KiB) Viewed 50699 times
althrioan

Here's the dxdiag and output file. If you need the save file I'll send it you via email.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(26.92 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times
output_log.txt
(36.58 KiB) Downloaded 1041 times
althrioan

I can't edit my posts ...so here's another

I remembered that the quest log at first didn't display any quests until I would go upwards with the mouse wheel

I really like the new changes to the courtyard and how you implemented Faustus!
cosmogonies

Thank you althrioan ^^.

For the "mud invasion", you should be able to retrieve the correct visuals by returning to Silas, and go back again to the courtyard only using stairs (seems like some jump-relative shortcuts has kept a location part displayed ).
althrioan

Got a few new ones for you
West Gate not loading properly
West Gate not loading properly
graphicbug1.jpg (184.61 KiB) Viewed 50675 times
when going throught that door nevertheless :D
when going throught that door nevertheless :D
tiloisflying1.jpg (87.77 KiB) Viewed 50675 times
cosmogonies

Thank you ^^.

We are fixing everything relative to the new occlusion system right now !
althrioan

Here wo go again: gog galaxy 3.54 - the sound is fantastic, the new location stirrs my anticipation of what is to come

uploading pics on the server would be easier for me if there was a 300kb limit per picture (or more) and no limit to pix in the post
Attachments
that guard didn't loose the alert level and he doesn't follow me through the gate
that guard didn't loose the alert level and he doesn't follow me through the gate
overtlyalertguardwontfollow.jpg (212.56 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
the graphic error is still present - reported it a while ago ;)
the graphic error is still present - reported it a while ago ;)
holeintheshortcuttothejail.jpg (152.49 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
I jumped from up there and slidered down the wall but no harm was received
I jumped from up there and slidered down the wall but no harm was received
fallingfromthetopdoesnoharm.jpg (210.44 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
althrioan

another round
Attachments
jumped down and was in a death trap - I would suggest that this remains like this because I could have seen that there's no other way to go from that small platform - but I dunno how punishing u guys want to be :D
jumped down and was in a death trap - I would suggest that this remains like this because I could have seen that there's no other way to go from that small platform - but I dunno how punishing u guys want to be :D
imlosthere.jpg (252.28 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
I would suggest to kick those two torches out of that corridor and force players to use candles and lantern - it makes no sense to me that there are torches in a hidden underground tunnel ;)
I would suggest to kick those two torches out of that corridor and force players to use candles and lantern - it makes no sense to me that there are torches in a hidden underground tunnel ;)
whydoesthisflameexist-wouldbebetter to need a candle.jpg (238.23 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
can't use my mouse wheel to scroll
can't use my mouse wheel to scroll
scrollingwontwork.jpg (193.57 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
althrioan

another round 2
Attachments
had to load an old save to get out of the situation. I wanted to try if there's something left to the bridge but was sent flying
had to load an old save to get out of the situation. I wanted to try if there's something left to the bridge but was sent flying
welp,triedtogoarouteanwe.jpg (163.94 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
loaded it anew and it worked
loaded it anew and it worked
loadingquicksavewherethenewrosewas.jpg (102.14 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
textures (?) are muddy
textures (?) are muddy
uglytowertop^^.jpg (238.86 KiB) Viewed 50624 times
althrioan

round 3

that's it I think. Nope: still can't make screenshots without going in windowed mode - although this time it was different because it copied menu screens in paint instead of the actual intended situation O.o
Attachments
I'd like to enjoy the view from the battlement
I'd like to enjoy the view from the battlement
inthegardenwiththescarecrowIcantjumponthestones.jpg (146.73 KiB) Viewed 48063 times
standing atop of it is no longer possible :(
standing atop of it is no longer possible :(
fallingthroughplank.jpg (154.46 KiB) Viewed 48063 times
Seith
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer
'Ghost of a Tale' Creator and Developer

Thank you very much for these screenshots, Althrioan! :)

Some of those are already addressed in version 3.60+ and we'll take your suggestions into consideration!

Now I understand you're on GOG; I should be able to upload a new build over the weekend so hopefully you should get it by early next week. Cheers!