Main Menu unresponsive after 2.75 update

For PC (Windows) specific help with technical issues running the game.
LucasZ

The main menu does not respond and I cannot click on anything in the menu. I end up having to bring up the Task Manager to close the program. I don't know if this is just me or if this issue is a bug from the new update.
cosmogonies
'Ghost of a Tale' Programming

Did that happens everytime you start the game ?
Did it work before, on the same computer ?
LucasZ

Yes, it has been doing this every time I run the game since the 2.75 update. It is on the same computer that I first got the game. I haven't had this issue until now.
cosmogonies

First, I am so sorry for your inconvenience and for our late reply.
It appears that it is an isolated case, so we will try to see what happens.
Can you please:

Press the Win+R keys to open the following prompt and type "dxdiag" then click on Ok:
A windows diagnostic tool will open.
Click on the "Save All Informations" button to save a txt file and please attach this file to an email at support@ghostofatale.com .
No personal data is gathered in the file, it's just a summary of the hardware components present in your computer.

Maybe your computer, for some reason, does not fit the minimal specifications required for the game?

Also, can you please delete all your preferences of the game ?
To do so, please:
create an txt file (like notepad) named : "GoaT_ClearPreferences.cmd"
and type the following text:
reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\SeithCG\Ghost of a Tale" /f

then double click on that file and run the game again ?
LucasZ

Thank you for responding. I have sent you a PM that has a link to SecurePaste, which directs you to a page with an exhaustive list of software and hardware information.
LucasZ

I followed your instructions exactly and it still doesn't work :(
cosmogonies

Oh sorry that didn't solve your problem ><.

Can you then try to launch the game with a minimum of usb devices connected, as we already experienced by the past some input parasites (like a joystick or a wacom tablet) that interfer with the game input ?
LucasZ

I've solved the problem: I had to change an option for one of the dumb features in my anti-virus program so it would not stop the game from running properly. I didn't think it was my anti-virus because previously, I turned it off and then ran the game with no luck. But apparently, that dumb feature was still active. Sorry for all the fuss over something this simple. Thank you for being patient with me.
cosmogonies

You're welcome.
I'm glad the issue is gone !
I wish you play and like the game ^^.

For our records, can you tell us what antivirus it is and what option/feature you're talking about ?
If you're uncomfortable to go public, just use direct message to me.
Thank you,
GoaT
LucasZ

The anti-virus software is Comodo Cloud Antivirus and the feature that was interfering with the proper functioning of the game was called Sandbox. Here is what Comodo describes the feature from their website, "The sandbox is a security hardened operating environment for unknown applications (those that are neither trusted/safe nor definitely malware). A sandboxed application has no opportunity to damage your computer because it is run isolated from your operating system and your files. Sandboxed items have greatly restricted access privileges and write to a virtual file system and registry. This delivers a smooth user experience by allowing unknown applications to run and operate as they normally would while denying them the potential to cause damage. You can create specific sandbox rules for any application or file. See 'Sandbox Rules 'for more details. By default, all 'unknown' applications detected by CCAV will be automatically run in the sandbox environment."

My issue was that I had to change the sandbox settings to ask me what to do when a non-trusted program wants to run. It was on the default setting, which was auto and the notifications box was not ticked, so I never knew the feature was blocking my games from running.

If you're interested in reading more about this anti-virus, here is the link: https://help.comodo.com/topic-394-1-767 ... ndbox.html
cosmogonies

Thank you !
That's very interesting ^^.